Ford Figo, a perfect small car for small families

• Appearance

Pros : Sporty looks, spacious

Cons : Noisy engine, poor after sale service.

Look and Style Last year I had purchased a new hatchback Ford Figo. I have driven it around 10,000 Kms . In terms of looks Ford Figo posses a complete new look with a unique front, side and rear design. Comfort My new Ford Figo is very spacious and comfortable. The driver seat is an adjustable one which is very rare to find in compact cars. In order to provide comfort and luxury of high quality my new Ford Figo, is blessed with a good air conditioning and heating system. Pickup My new Ford Figo delivers very descent pick up. It flew to 100 from 0 in very few seconds. Mileage Ford Figo offers a mileage of around 14.5 to 15kmpl in the city while on the highway it delivers a mileage of 18.5 kmpl with its 1.4L diesel engine. Best Features I like my car for its stylish and elegant looks. In addition to this the features that blow up my mind is its exciting interiors and exteriors that are generally found in sedans. Further, the engine performance of my car is fantastic and out of the class as compared to other small car in India. Needs to improve The flaw or drawback I found is that the engine of the car is little bit noisy, Apart from it the after sales service provided by the company is not well, I am not satisfied with the after sales service of the car. Overall Experience Based on my 10 months experience I think it’s an average small car. Since the engine is little bit noisy. But In my opinion those who are looking for a comfort of a sedan in a hatchback and tolerate the noise of the engine then Ford Figo is a better option.

Comments Ford Figo 2012-2015
  • dhaval |25 Oct,2011 11:47:56 AM

I am also having ford figo and driven around 10000 kms in 12 months. Average is around 20kms in city and 22 on highway with ac.Also noise part of the engine is low. Only pick up in 2nd gear is low. But overall it is a best car.

syed |26 Oct,2011 10:30:00 PM

i am also havig ford figo titanium but ima not getting even 17 in ac what to do to improve millege?

Parth |27 Oct,2011 09:45:05 AM

I also have a Ford Figo Titanium . But I also am not getting,even 15kms without AC,even on highways.I feel I made a wrong CHOICE taking the Petrol version.Is there a way out to change to the DIESEL version.

Ajay Kumar Arya |27 Oct,2011 11:06:44 PM

i am owning ford figo 1.4L ZXi model since april 2010 and driven over 45,000 kms so far even at about 14,000 feet height in Himalayas, Up to Kedarnath, my figo is giving excellent performance and i am getting a Mileage about 19 Km/L in city and 23km/L on highways some times it gives me about 24-26 km/L on highways with out AC. u can improve ur mileage by maintaining the RPM abt 2000. and the engine will not give any extra sound if u get it serviced at every 7000 kms instead of 10000 kms only at the authorized service station.. thanks and Regards Ajay Kumar Arya Lucknow (U.P)

dhaval |31 Oct,2011 11:16:11 AM

For perfect mileage calculation you full the tank and drive around 200 kms with ac. Then again you fill the full tank. Get the difference amount of fuel you need to fill the tank. This will get perfect average of the car. Also to improve the car performance you drive at 2000 rpm for the first four gears and at 2500 rpm at 5Th gear. You car efficiency will improve and your engine will also have good life.

• samba |25 Oct,2011 06:22:56 PM

I was also having Figo for around 9 months. 1.4TDCI titanium. I enjoyed with the performance, fuel efficiency. I touched 150kmph and dint feel too hard while driving high speed. Have driven around 14000kms in 9 months (mostly long trips). After sales service was poor. But still managed to get things done with Service Mgr by replacing car bluetooth stereo. Only if things are escalated repairs are done properly in FORD.

• Ravikiran |25 Oct,2011 07:39:01 PM

Can you please share a true mileage tag for Ford Figo Diesel 1.4.

Manohara M |29 Oct,2011 01:00:32 AM

I have done 10k in the dial of my Figo diesel 1.4. I am getting a mileage of around 20 kmpl (average of city and highways; I have not measured explicitly).

Ravikiran Nutalapati |29 Oct,2011 11:23:13 AM

Thanks alot Monohara on reply. iam working on Ford FIGO Titanium 1.4. to buy. I hope even you suggest me to go for it. Thanks Ravikiran

• dulal |26 Oct,2011 10:44:47 AM

Great car . i love my figo. dont talk about mileage when you want comfort

• debjit |26 Oct,2011 09:51:33 PM

nice zxi diesel is giving 12 in city condition (kolkata), hope it will be improved after the 1st service...still hv not gone 2 service better not to comment..but during buying..i spoke to all three dealers in kolkara regarding after sales..all admitted that they had poor after sales service till 2 years back..but now things have improved..

• shobhit |27 Oct,2011 06:54:01 AM

figo is value for money car. Its a best car in small cars. Its rocking.

• rakesh |27 Oct,2011 10:28:58 AM

i do have figo diesel comfort and milage is good but service part is worst in ford

• Balaraj |28 Oct,2011 10:39:04 AM

I'm using Figo from the past 3 months and its good. Cost was effective and I got all I wanted in my budget. It's the mileage that's not upto the satisfaction. The only worst experience I want to share here is the after sales from Lathangi Ford (Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore). They call us only when there is pending payments and they are least bothered otherwise. Lathangi Ford is the worst Car Dealer I have ever encountered till date. They sent a survey link twice and when I clicked on the link both times, it said the survey is expired even though I wanted to take the survey the day I received the mail. I got one call from the dealer where I reported the issue. They said concerned person will contact me soon and it never happened. If mileage and dealer experience is not something in your wish list, go for Ford Figo. Its a good car.

• Sukumar |29 Oct,2011 11:54:51 AM

I have clocked 5000 km with my ford figo ZXI. Good handling and comfort. Mileage is also decent with 18 in city riding and 20-22 on highways with A/c on. Best car available in the category.

• Sudhansu |31 Oct,2011 03:52:26 PM

I have a ford Figo 1.4D and had a 1500kms drive at one stretch for 22hours from Bangalore to Orissa. Its a fantastic car with respect to look, power and mileage. I agree about the engine noise which is more common in diesel engines; however,2 things i would recommend them to improve is - have power window option for the rear sides and include the alloy wheel for top end variants. its been 6 months and I have done with 10500kms ride.

• shiv |06 Nov,2011 02:27:19 PM

after owning figo for last 10 months, he has to say what mileage his car has given rather than saying what company offers.

• tarun |09 Feb,2012 06:56:51 PM

does figo lxi disel contain any engine immoblizer or not

Shailesh |14 May,2012 02:37:41 PM

LXi does not have Engine immobilizer.

Ford Figo 2012-2015 review scorecard