Bad buy

By for Ford Figo 2012-2015 from Bangalore 2011-10-25 09:44:50.0
6 people found it helpful. 1914 ViewsWrite Review
  • Appearance

Pros : Comfortable to drive, spacious

Cons : worst on fuel economy, less road clearance

Look and Style : Stylish, different from the others Comfort : Best leg room in the class, comfortable seats, but worst on bumpy roads due to less road clearance (low body). Pickup : Pick up is good Mileage : Worst.  It gives less than 10 KMPL in city conditions and something like 13-14 KMPL on highways. Best Features : Comfirt, look Needs to improve : Fuel economy, road clearance, after sales service.  It has one free service withing 3 months and the second and last one is after 1 year !!!  It should have its variant displayed on the body. Except the Titannium, none other has it. Overall Experience : A bad decision to go for it when there were somany better options available

• sanket |25 Oct,2011 12:54:47 PM

u r wrong buddy...figo is great car in its segment.....thn the other car

CP Balakrishnan |25 Oct,2011 02:01:47 PM

Of course if you are unmindful of the drain towards fuel (mind you, I am commenting on the petrol version) and unmindful of the metal touching the road at the smallest of humps, its great.

ginni chandigarh |07 Dec,2011 04:20:39 PM

I m agreed with Mr Bala on petrol front one of my relative hv same issue he is getting milege of 10-11 in city and 14-15 on highways on avg he is getting 13/ltr which is very less as compare with dsl,im also using figo dsl itanium and i m getting 17-18 in city 22-23 on hway overall 20/ls which is good i think.

CP Balakrishnan |08 Dec,2011 01:05:50 PM

Thanks Ginni at least you accepted the fact. Till now I was wondering whether the issue is only with me. But now I have company ! I have to think twice to take out my car for a drive these days. It is nice to see Ginni suggesting manish to buy diesel version instead of Petrol. I suggest all guys to go for Diesel and avoid petrol versions.

Ginni Chandigarh |08 Dec,2011 03:37:36 PM

Thanks Mr.Bala, BTW which model u have and how much kms u drive it daily ?

CP Balakrishnan |09 Dec,2011 01:53:07 PM

Hi Ginni, I have petrol ZXI model. Now I feel I should have gone for a diesel LXI instead. My office is 16 Kms one way. so its not economical for me to drive every day to office. So I hardly drive my car. Keeps it for family outings only. Thanks.

CP Balakrishnan |09 Dec,2011 01:59:14 PM

There is another issue Ginni, the user's manual says the car is Blue tooth enabled and the device for connecting to blue tooth is located inside the glove box. I searched all over and when could not locate it, enquired with the dealer. You know what he said? He said it doesn't come as a standard fittings and asked me to buy the device for Rs. 900 if I wish to use it !!!!!! Jiyo Ford !!!

ginni chandigarh |10 Dec,2011 11:06:53 AM

Hye mr bala,Please dnt take any decision in hurry ,keep this car with u untill unless u get very very good resale value, small calculation for you. on road cost new figo zxi petrol ex punjab:442509 ex s/r 12945 ins. 10k rto = 465454/- and value of used 2011 figo 1.2 zxi is approx 3.00 lac.means loss of apx 1.65 lac.in 1 odd year. ur daily running is 40kms including holidays etc 40*30days=1200kms 1200/12kms/ltr=100ltr fuel in a month = Rs 8k approx/month 165000/8000=20.62 months instead of making loss of 1.5lac keep going with this car it is just a mind set !!!! think and do similar clculations i.e.how much u have to put from ur pocket to get new diesel figo if ur car is financed than u have to pay 6% foreclosure charges etc. and yes ZXI have a bluetooth enabled and no device required only BT enabled phone is required , the device he was talking about is data cable who connect pendrive to music system.go through the audio manual u'll get all info how to connect it or go n meet dealer sale guy he may help u.

CP Balakrishnan |12 Dec,2011 06:10:52 PM

Thanks Ginni for all the information and suggestions. It was indeed very kind of you. Do take care of yourself and also your car. Thanks again.

• Manikrao Khule-Patil |25 Oct,2011 07:25:02 PM

You mentioned 'there were somany better options available'. Pros & cons also there. I find we sometime R very harsh in commenting. Figo as mentioned may be somewhat not acceptable due to low ground clearance, & also ur head may touch to roof on very bumpy road.If U stand near to it, it may find it dumped on ground. Availability more figo cars on roads also explains its superiority.

• pankaj |27 Oct,2011 03:18:42 PM

Why you took the call to buy !! Dude its the best car in this segment please show me the CAR with same Value and features.

• CP Balakrishnan |28 Oct,2011 09:53:25 AM

Why nobody commented on its fuel economy (Petrol Version)? Everyone happy with it?

• Ranjan Saikia |04 Dec,2011 11:29:40 PM

The figo is nice car as far as Legroom,Driving,space,design are concern. But,In context to Indian Road & Fuel price,The Ground clearance is a major issue and mileage of Figo is very low(Petrol). The price of Fuel is always a matter for Indian Middle Class people. The Maintenance cost of Ford Vehicle ?????

• manish |05 Dec,2011 11:35:13 AM

i am willing to buy ford figo titanium petrol. Please guide me, is it good to buy it. Any suggestions?

ginni chandigarh |07 Dec,2011 04:15:20 PM

Instead of buying petrol titanium for 4.90lac apx,i suggest u to buy Figo EXI diesel , go for diesel titanium if budget is not a problem. coz running cost of petrol is apx rs.5.50/km (70/13kms avg) and diesel is apx rs.2.50(42/18kms avg)

• Navin |25 Jan,2012 11:00:29 AM

Guys I suggest you not to go for any ford versions, because these cars have a very bad mileage, I am telling this only personnel experience, my ford figo petrol only gives me 7 kms in the city and 12 on highways, which is very pathetic, i dont know what is the problem with the car, I am following all the driving protocols, like less usage of clutch, and maintaining a steady speed between 50 to 60 kms/hours, in spite of all these, the car is giving me a damn mileage. I suggest all of the new car buyers not to go for ford figo. A unsatisfied customer. Navin

• Navin |25 Jan,2012 11:07:14 AM

Hey guys i would also like to inform you that, even the diesel version of ford is not giving good mileage, my nephew has brought a diesel version of ford figo, which is giving him a pathetic mileage of 7 in the city and 11 on highways, he contacted ford service professionals, and they say you should drive the car properly, and it depends on how you drive, which is not true, because my nephew told me, that he is driving the car with a maximum speed of 50 to 60 kms/hour on outskirts, and he is following all the cautions told to him, by the ford service personels, but alas no use, hence I would suggest all new ford figo buyers, not to go for this car, as these car is nothing but superficial, and does not meet any customer requirements, on practical fronts. So please think twice, before going for ford figo. Totally a shattered customer. Navin

• FigoLover |22 May,2012 08:05:31 PM

@Navin...I own a Figo Diesel VXi..but I used to get 17 in city and 21 on highway. It may be ur Vehicle problem..