Truly value for money

By for Ford Fiesta Classic from Srinagar 2011-07-25 22:48:49.0
  • Appearance

Pros : mileage, price, looks

Cons : interiors, new fiesta in market

Look and Style: Very decent and evergreen look. Comfort: Comfort is good compared to other cars of same price Pickup: too good, better than other diesel cars of same segment Mileage: good as fiesta is known for good mileage Best Features: new headlights in fiesta classis, compact car, seat hight adjust, steering adjust, etc Needs to improve: May be interiors. Overall Experience: Ford has launched fiesta classic at very attractive price though it launched new fiesta. But I think both are two different cars they just share fiesta tag. Fiesta classic is excellant car at excellant price. If you compare same priced cars you will find fiesta far ahead.

• Prasad |26 Jul,2011 12:49:58 PM

if this is 'value for money', then what shall we say about the earlier version of fiesta. Simply 'over valued' ?? Actually the same car is sold with a new stcker 'CLASSIC' on its back and with nearly Rs one lakh less than the old version. The old buyers are made fool now. Ford is playing game on customers.

Suhail Ahmad |28 Jul,2011 03:19:36 PM

Prasad you are right as it might be harsh on old fiesta customers as they have paid nearly one lakh more for same fiesta. But in fiesta classic ford has decreased the quality of interiors compared to old fiesta and similarly few changes has been made to decrease the costs. But overall the fiesta classic is same as old fiesta. Cost cuts are usually seen by automobile companies to benefit the customer. Compare old Honda city versions to new ones. Price of new Honda city is much less then the older versions. Same is the case with other automobile companies. Like current Swift dezire to upcoming swift dezire which more than 50 thousand lesser. Old verna with new vera fludic though price is same but verna fludic is much better and advance than older one..

Praba |28 Jan,2012 12:35:38 PM

The old fiesta may be assembled in india but this classic one is made inhouse which is the main difference for cost reduction. but you can see the cost cutting visible in the classic compared to old ones.

• rajesh |02 Aug,2011 03:58:43 PM

What ford fiesta CLASSIC buyers....suggest...should i buy this car(i want best diesal sedan car in range of 6-8 lakhs)?

suhail |03 Aug,2011 12:14:28 PM

Ford fiesta classic is the best diesel sedan with price tag of around 6lac(exshowroom). Other cars you will get within your budget is Swift dzir, tata Manza. but ford fiesta is far better than this. If you increase your budget by 1 lack then you will get some good options like verna fludic, new ford fiesta, etc

rajesh |03 Aug,2011 07:38:52 PM

thanks Suhail for replying! Any classic buyers comment will be more advantageous...

suhail |04 Aug,2011 11:06:02 AM

I own a ford fiesta classic. I bought it two months before.. So far so good.

Amit |05 Aug,2011 03:24:08 PM

Suhail - Hope you are well. I am thinking to buy a Sedan - Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 petrol. My max budget on road is - 7 lacs - 7.25 lacs. What do you think? I am thinking about Mileage in petrol version. Diesel version is 8 lacs on road. OR any other car? Your suggestion would help. Thank you.

R K Arora |10 Aug,2011 08:38:59 PM

Ford Fiesta classic - wat is the mileage , is it 30 kmpl in diesel verison, can you help me suhail

Prabaharan m |28 Jan,2012 12:37:39 PM

on highways 25-26 and on city you get 19-20KMPL

suhail |16 Aug,2011 10:45:46 AM

I wont suggest you petrol version of fiesta classic. I think the best car within your budget is Toyota Etios. Great technology, looks and you dont have to worry about anything at all because is Toyota.

Gopal Arya |10 Feb,2012 03:10:34 PM

I bought fiesta Classice in April, 11 from till date running excellent. i drive my car daily 80 kms on highways as my office is on NH 8. mileage 20kms . driviability -excellent i am a ford lover - i had erlier ford ikon diesel1.8nxt. i compared all the diesel cars avaialbe in market under 8 lacs with trails. i found out ford classic is the bset for me. increasing petrol prices & higher taxes on diesel cars now justified my decision. till the time i have saved more than Rs 60 K in fuel. cons ;For city driving power looks less, have some noise problems.

gopalakrishnan |13 Aug,2011 02:51:28 PM

i own this car 15 days back absolutely value for money car good performance.. i was recommend by the previous owners .. pls don't compare this car with swift dizer bcoz fiesta classic owns more then dizre car..

• Rajamanickkam G |15 Aug,2011 11:11:28 PM

Hi friends... I just want to know the maintanence cost charging per service for ford fiesta classic Diesel.

suhail |16 Aug,2011 10:54:51 AM

maintanence cost is very genuine. First service is after 5000Km(no oil change, just general check up) and then second after 10,000KM(this is actually the real first service). So that indicates maintenance cost is low. @R K Arora. Mileage is not 30KM under normal driving. But it can give you 30 if you drive under some conditions like speed should be 60-70, smooth road etc. But overall mileage is good. My fiesta classic is still new and as of now my average cost is Rs2.5 per KM.(Mostly with AC and on city roads.) But defnitly It will increase after few services.

User |20 Jun,2012 06:07:28 PM

I brought CLXI, it is very good car, but power is less as you can see it is only 68 bhp. So for normal driving you have to come to 1 gear most of the the time. Other than that, it is stylish, with good AC.

• shujaat |17 Aug,2011 10:59:51 PM

Dear Suhail, I want to buy a Diesel car and my budget is 7 to 7.5 lacs, i m looking for fiesta classic. which car will u suggest me? and specially want to know the maintenance cost of fiesta.

• suhail |18 Aug,2011 01:11:53 PM

I think fiesta classic is perfect car for you. Its economical yet luxurious car in its budget. The gap between the scheduled services is 5000KM thus makes it low maintenance car. I did my first service @5000 Km and I had to just pay Rs150 because there was no oil change in first service.

• Dr Mithilesh Rametkar |21 Aug,2011 05:50:31 PM

Dear Suhail, i am planning to buy CLxi model of ford fiesta. I want to know whether you are facing any difficulty while stopping your car as it doesnot have ABS?.

• suhail |21 Aug,2011 10:17:03 PM

I have clxi diesel. I am not facing any difficulty but yes ABS will be smooth than this.

• Dr Mithilesh Rametkar |22 Aug,2011 11:52:01 PM

Thanks Suhail for the information.

• yogesh mangal |23 Aug,2011 01:54:04 AM

hello Suhail,, wanna buy diesel segment sedan car... bt there is great confusion b/w fiesta, maruti dzire nd tata manza. pls suggest me a good economical and better fuel efficiency, lowest maintenance cost car... also tell me the differences among them... thanks in advance... pls rply asap... m waiting....

• suhail |23 Aug,2011 10:37:24 AM

Hi Yogesh! The main difference between these three cars is its engine and power. Only fiesta classic has 1.4 ltr engine and others two have below 1.2 ltr. There are also some other small advantages of fiesta over dzire and manza you can find them by comparing these three cars here on cardekho.com. As far fuel consumption is concern its well known that fiesta is the best sedan as it easily gives you over 20kmpl on city roads. Best things is ford decreased the price of fiesta classic by one lack rupees in april 2011 and thats why you are comparing fiesta classic with dzire and manza. Both these cars are below fiesta classic. Fiesta can be actually compared to Hyundai verna, SX4, etc

• sriram |23 Aug,2011 08:46:04 PM

want to buy fiesta classic lxi model petrol version what is the suggestion. what is the average mileage i can expect on bangalore roads

• suhail |23 Aug,2011 09:26:28 PM

Sriram you can expect mileage of 12-14 on Bangalore roads. Bangalore has a messy traffic and mileage obliviously will decrease. Bangalore is like my 2nd home so I am sure of that.

• Viral |26 Aug,2011 05:55:33 PM

I am also planning to buy Ford Fiesta Classic, but I am worrying about after sales service & the cost of the spare parts and their availability in the local market...

• vivek |26 Aug,2011 07:29:07 PM

I am planning to buy ford fiesta classic 1.4 diesel LXI model. My preference is on two points Diesel car and Mileage. I have 3 cars in my mind a:- ford fiesta b:- Maruti desire c:- Mahindra verito I heard one bad thing about ford that the maintenance cost is around 1 lac per year and another thing which I personally felt in test drive that suspension of the car is very- very bad. Please suggest which car should I opt ?

• arun |29 Aug,2011 09:22:34 AM

I am planning to buy fiesta classic,petrol version. I did go for a test drive recently and I should tell you the petrol engine is simply superb. My only concern is the mileage.!!! Can you please let me know 1) what is the mileage in bangalore city driving conditions & the highway. 2)Will there be any loss of power while the ac is on.? (i dint test this one) I would be happy if i get reviews from users as well..Thanks alot :)

• Shanthkumar |29 Aug,2011 05:37:47 PM

I am planning to buy Ford fiesta classic 1.4 Diesel, please suggest is it worth buying. Also tell me the maintenance cost of the vehicle.

• ajay chaudhari |31 Aug,2011 11:55:25 PM

I have a ford fiesta classic sxi diesel version on 20 th Aug'11. today i have run about nearly 2800 kms.I have selected this car because of only its mileage on record (33kmpl), in guniess book of record. till now i have not a single service, and i have a mileage near about 15.5 to 16 kmpl. kindly guide me whether it is right or wrong for my new car?

• Kumar P |04 Sep,2011 08:09:15 PM

Hi Friends, I'm planning to buy a Diesel version Sedan type car. I'm confused to select either Ford Fiesta classic or Mahindra Verito. Please suggest me which one is best in terms of price, mileage and maintenance. Thanks

• masi |11 Sep,2011 06:38:28 PM

Hi frds, am planning to buy ford fiesta classic Sxi diesel version, i just want to know that I can get with spoiler, side skirt, front & rear bumper kit-which is available in 1.6 S version.Weather it is available from the factory fittings or any other option-that i have to upgrade from the dealer point. If it is soo, how much total kit cost?

• Ash |20 Sep,2011 05:03:15 PM

I am planning to buy fiesta classic,petrol version. I did go for a test drive recently and I should tell you the petrol engine is simply superb. My only concern is the mileage.!!! Can you please let me know the mileage car will give in city road condition.

• Vedant |09 Oct,2011 02:42:37 PM

Hi suhail,im planning to buy a diesel car.. My buget is about 7lacs.... My requirements are fuel efficiency and power.... Which would u suggest??? Should i go for fiesta classic or i20 crdi???

• Mihir |16 Oct,2011 11:54:00 AM

Hi, can any one please help me i want to buy a diesel sedan but very much confused between three cars i.e. Toyota etios, Tata manza and Ford fiesta classic. can any one tell me which one is good in mileage and comfort. Those who are using these cars please tell me which one of them is good to buy.

• arun |17 Oct,2011 01:31:38 PM

hi, can anyone tell how about maitnence of fiesta classic CLXI model and maintenance cost

• editor |17 Oct,2011 02:15:59 PM

dont buy fiesta classic...... 1. Very cheap looking interior straight away from froggo...sorry figo. 2. Poor suspension and low ground clearance 3. Abs and airbag model is 1.4 lacs more...!! 4. The production stops once new fiesta starts...(remember ikon..with fiesta engine just for 5lacs...) 5. Cramped back seat.... 6. Parts still dearer than maruti or hyundai 7. Narrow tires 175 mm vs 185mm in verito 8. Mileage wont be more than 16-17 max in highways One ford concept means this model is already outdated...better go for fiat linea, mahindra verito or sx4.

Maneesh |18 Oct,2011 10:51:02 AM

Hi editor, Are you sure that ford classic fiesta production has been stopped?

Suhail |14 Jan,2012 10:13:50 PM

New Fiesta has been launched 2 months before and Fiesta classic is very much in market and is picking the market very good after price reduction in April 2011. Yes interior looks are same as in Figo which actually are not cheap but good as lacks of Figo owners have liked it. As for suspension is concern I think all companies are using same Mcphersons suspension and I personally never had any problem with suspension which I think is very smooth. Fiesta has better suspension that Figo. Fords parts were costly but now they have reduced the prices. No one can challenge mileage of fiesta, it was and is always known for its good mileage. Linea is a good car and so is SX4 but you have to pay 1.5lack more than fiesta.. these all cars are in same segment, same features. I think Nissan Sunny, Toyoto Etios are real competitors for fiesta classic.

• N.Narayanan |05 Dec,2011 07:21:35 PM

Hi Guys, I had a test ride of Manza, Verinto and fiesta, Manza I had done almost 500 Kms on Highways Tumkur - Davangere and ChitraDurga - Bangalore and about 60-70 Kms on Hubli roads, I felt Fiesta is a better Car Comparing Manza ( Fiat Engine), All said and done as far as resale value is concern both are of the same catoguere, I had freezed on Fiesta Classic and had booked one yesterday. Narayanan

• Naik Laxman |07 Dec,2011 12:59:12 PM

I am planning to buy ford fiesta classic 1.4 diesel CLXI model. My preference is on two points Diesel car and Mileage. I have 3 cars in my mind a:- ford fiesta b:- Maruti desire c:- Mahindra verito I heard one bad thing about ford that the maintenance cost is very high and another thing which I personally felt in test drive that suspension of the car is very- very bad. Please suggest which car should I opt ?

Ram |30 Dec,2011 02:39:53 AM

Naik, I brought ford fiesta classic 1.4 diesel CLXI model in Oct11 . I got it for 8.13 Lakhs (On-Road) .So far so good . I took Diamond White and have put leather seats & filming . It looks amazing .It's value for money .If you travel 75 KM per day , go for it . Currently it gives only 13.5KM per litre .However , might increase once all 3 services are done.Fingers crossed !!

• vijay |20 Jan,2012 12:51:36 PM

please tell me which best car in between Swift dezire,toyoto etios , ford fiesta classic

• J.Jeny Wesslin |20 Jan,2012 04:59:24 PM

Anyone Knows What is the Top speed Of Ford Fiesta Diesel??????? Please

Prabaharan m |28 Jan,2012 12:46:11 PM

around 160KMPH

J.Jeny Wesslin |09 May,2012 10:47:13 PM

Hey I did 175kph without pressing full throttle but you are saying top speed is around 160kph!

• Pratheesh |29 Jan,2012 06:59:59 PM

hi all, i am planning to buy a sedan diesel car, please give a comparison between new dzire and fiesta classic. more importantly, it is heard than new aveo diesel is going to be launched for 8lacs that too with ABS and Air bag. worthy to wait?

J.Jeny Wesslin |16 Feb,2012 07:39:54 PM

Hey buy the ford fiesta classic,I am owning the fiesta for one year no problem, low maintenance , Handling and reliability is too good and i like its power and its stability :) I touched the top speed of 180kph!!!!!!!!!

• roy |02 Mar,2012 06:56:03 PM

Hi, I am planning to buy a petrol sedan. I like the Fiesta classic CLXi model. But my only doubt is, is it worth buying a petrol Fiesta spending 7.75 lakh on road (bangalore) ? My usage will be very less. I will not be using the car to commute to office. Only weekend usage. (max 400 km in a month).

• Ganesh |25 Mar,2012 02:46:22 PM

Hi i had planned B/w new swift dzire & 1.4 fiesta classic almost zeroed on new swift dzire ,but once after going thru 1.4 fiesta classic changed my mind loooks like good family sedan.my travelling will be almost 80 kms daily .reviews in car deko seem sto be encouraging

Suhail |04 Jun,2012 01:10:54 PM

No doubt Swift is a good car but new desire looks half sedan. To me it looks very shabby. You should defnitly go for Fiesta classes. It has pretty decent look, great mileage & very economical car.

• saji |03 Jun,2012 12:10:38 AM

i would like to buy a ford nxt diesel vresion car (more than 2006 model) within the range of RS 1.25 lack....pls help me

• Rajesh |07 Jul,2012 04:22:02 PM

• Rajesh |15 Jul,2012 11:05:39 AM

hello Suhail,, wanna buy diesel segment sedan car... bt there is great confusion b/w fiesta, maruti dzire nd varito. pls suggest me a good economical and better fuel efficiency, lowest maintenance cost car... also tell me the differences among them... thanks in advance... pls rply asap... m waiting.... give me reply as early as possible

Chrristopher |23 Dec,2012 09:45:50 AM

Hi Folks, new to this thread. I recently bought a Classic Titanium TDCi...trust me guys its THE BEST CAR. its done 2K now and I get almost 16KMPL with AC in city (i do almost 60KM/ day). Was told by my local mech that the FE will improve after the first service, however i do not push my car beyond 80 speed ..atleast till i'm done with 5K. In terms of comfort, driving, handing ..everything this car has to offer is just BEAUTY. Not to mention ...the Ground clearance is just amazing and how the suspension works. I wanted to go for Fluidic Verna...but the Ground Clearance was an issue and i can see how 2 of my neighbors suffer cus of it. FORD CLASSIC ....Go for it !!