New & Improved Ecosport is a Great Buy

for 1.5 Petrol Titanium BSIV

I bought a Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol model. My primary usage is in the city along with an occassional long drive (500 km+) for a family of 3. I would say petrol cars are the way to go with uncertainity over the future of diesel cars (regulation, BS6 etc.)
They vehicle has excellent pickup and handling. The steering is very well weighted. Having driven the older ecosport (2013 model), I can confirm that the ride quality has improved (suspension has been softened I think). You can just gobble up potholes and easily overtake other hatchbacks, sedans struggling with bumps and bad roads. It is very planted on corners.
Interiors are very good. Getting in and out of drivers seat is easy (I am 6'3). It has an amazing 8 inch touch screen which is very responsive. It also has embedded navigation which is very useful on highways. My only wish is that the armrest should be adjustable.
Coming to the mileage, I got a mileage of 17 kmpl on highways driving in the range of 80-100 kmph. Mileage will come down to 15.5 kmpl if driven at 100-120 kmph. This was confirmed to me by the dealer as well who told me to keep the speed under 100 kmph for best mileage.
City mileage greatly depends on driving style. For example, it gives 2-2.5 kmpl less than my honda brio (2012 S MT model) when I drove it gently. This is expected and I am ok with it.
I also test drove a Honda WR-V and Tata Nexon (Brezza has no petrol). Honda felt really under powered while the Nexon felt a bit jerky to drive in the city. Ecosport had the best balance of ride quality, build quality and interiors.
On the whole, if mileage is not your top concern and you love to drive, this has to be the best car. But if mileage is your top concern, go for WR-V. I would avoid the Tata Nexon petrol for bad city driveability (its diesel version is awesome. At par with ecosport and cheaper also).

By robin philipverified Verified Buyer

• LATEST
  • VERIFIED
  • CRITICAL
  • Budget SUV.

I was looking for a budget car. Had shortlisted a few. Finally bought the Ecosport. Ford promises a good mileage and affordable service cost. And they do deliver on that ...Read More

By mansing
    On: Feb 12, 2020 | 1882 Views
  • Pleasurable Experience

The most pleasurable experience I ever had with a car. Totally value for money car. Been 6 years since I am driving this car.

By user
    On: Feb 11, 2020 | 67 Views
  • Best Ever Choice.

The perfect car used 80000 km with 0 costs only service cost and that is also cheaper than the other.

By prashant yadav
    On: Feb 08, 2020 | 49 Views
  • Best Car

Best car, I love to drive Ecosport. I love all its features.

By user
    On: Feb 19, 2020 | 19 Views
  • Good Car

The car is very good, with all the amazing features and performance.

By vedansh kumawat
    On: Feb 14, 2020 | 26 Views
  • Nice Car

I have purchased Ecosport in 2018 Trend plus variant. It is just like a lion when you accelerate it you can't imagine, I was going to Gorakhpur and it reaches 180 kmph ve...Read More

By aseem pandey
    On: Feb 19, 2020 | 152 Views
  • Best Car

Ecosport is the best car with good comfort, mileage, features, and performance are great. It has a good boot space. It's all variants are best.

By shivam semwal
    On: Feb 17, 2020 | 14 Views
  • Great Car

Ford Ecosport looks great, comfortable, with safety. It is full of features.

By vivid borok kalai debbarma
    On: Feb 17, 2020 | 35 Views