New & Improved Ecosport is a Great Buy

for 1.5 Petrol Titanium

I bought a Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol model. My primary usage is in the city along with an occassional long drive (500 km+) for a family of 3. I would say petrol cars are the way to go with uncertainity over the future of diesel cars (regulation, BS6 etc.)
They vehicle has excellent pickup and handling. The steering is very well weighted. Having driven the older ecosport (2013 model), I can confirm that the ride quality has improved (suspension has been softened I think). You can just gobble up potholes and easily overtake other hatchbacks, sedans struggling with bumps and bad roads. It is very planted on corners.
Interiors are very good. Getting in and out of drivers seat is easy (I am 6'3). It has an amazing 8 inch touch screen which is very responsive. It also has embedded navigation which is very useful on highways. My only wish is that the armrest should be adjustable.
Coming to the mileage, I got a mileage of 17 kmpl on highways driving in the range of 80-100 kmph. Mileage will come down to 15.5 kmpl if driven at 100-120 kmph. This was confirmed to me by the dealer as well who told me to keep the speed under 100 kmph for best mileage.
City mileage greatly depends on driving style. For example, it gives 2-2.5 kmpl less than my honda brio (2012 S MT model) when I drove it gently. This is expected and I am ok with it.
I also test drove a Honda WR-V and Tata Nexon (Brezza has no petrol). Honda felt really under powered while the Nexon felt a bit jerky to drive in the city. Ecosport had the best balance of ride quality, build quality and interiors.
On the whole, if mileage is not your top concern and you love to drive, this has to be the best car. But if mileage is your top concern, go for WR-V. I would avoid the Tata Nexon petrol for bad city driveability (its diesel version is awesome. At par with ecosport and cheaper also).

Robin Philipverified Verified

• More ...
  • LATEST
  • MOST HELPFUL
  • VERIFIED
  • Mileage and speed of car.

No doubt I found my car Ford Ecosport  as  one of the best in my Journey of two years experience, but slowly one thing what I found that it's average mileage become 12.8k...Read More

K
    KajalDebroyverified Verified
    On: Jun 14, 2019 | 198 Views
  • Amazing Car

The best car at an affordable price I am using this car from 6 years It's very comfortable and the best sub 4 segments of SUV.

Ravi pandey
    On: Jun 13, 2019 | 16 Views
  • Best in own range car.

Ford gives you the premium feeling and Eco Sport is the best SUV in sub 4 Metre with excellent body build quality and safety features.

Ravi Ranjan varun FMverified Verified
    On: Jun 13, 2019 | 22 Views
  • Perfect reviews & Outstanding performance

Ford Ecosport is a perfect blend of reviews & experiences. So I bought this vehicle the Ford eco sport. Outstanding performance as of now. Very comfortable to ride on any...Read More

D
    Devesh Thakurverified Verified
    On: Jun 14, 2019 | 2 Views
  • Best Car

Ford Ecosport is very comfortable for a long drive. Comfortable seating, good road clearance, and good mileage getting in this car.

V
    Virendra kumar Jain verified Verified
    On: Jun 13, 2019 | 20 Views
  • Best Car

Ford Ecosport is a fantastic car, getting an average of 20 in diesel, and running is very smooth.

v
    vikas rohilla
    On: Jun 13, 2019 | 19 Views
  • Best Car

Ford Ecosport is a nice car. In an economical range getting a good option.

r
    raghubir saha
    On: Jun 13, 2019 | 19 Views
  • Perfect reviews & Outstanding performance

Ford Ecosport is having perfect reviews. So I bought the Ford Ecosport  & indeed the performance is outstanding. Loved this Car.

d