Download Mobile AppFeedbackAsk a Question
Rating of Ford EcoSport

Rate the Car

Your Rating is -1.0Edit
Help others by sharing your reviews

New & Improved Ecosport is a Great Buy

for 1.5 Petrol Titanium

I bought a Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol model. My primary usage is in the city along with an occassional long drive (500 km+) for a family of 3. I would say petrol cars are the way to go with uncertainity over the future of diesel cars (regulation, BS6 etc.)
They vehicle has excellent pickup and handling. The steering is very well weighted. Having driven the older ecosport (2013 model), I can confirm that the ride quality has improved (suspension has been softened I think). You can just gobble up potholes and easily overtake other hatchbacks, sedans struggling with bumps and bad roads. It is very planted on corners.
Interiors are very good. Getting in and out of drivers seat is easy (I am 6'3). It has an amazing 8 inch touch screen which is very responsive. It also has embedded navigation which is very useful on highways. My only wish is that the armrest should be adjustable.
Coming to the mileage, I got a mileage of 17 kmpl on highways driving in the range of 80-100 kmph. Mileage will come down to 15.5 kmpl if driven at 100-120 kmph. This was confirmed to me by the dealer as well who told me to keep the speed under 100 kmph for best mileage.
City mileage greatly depends on driving style. For example, it gives 2-2.5 kmpl less than my honda brio (2012 S MT model) when I drove it gently. This is expected and I am ok with it.
I also test drove a Honda WR-V and Tata Nexon (Brezza has no petrol). Honda felt really under powered while the Nexon felt a bit jerky to drive in the city. Ecosport had the best balance of ride quality, build quality and interiors.
On the whole, if mileage is not your top concern and you love to drive, this has to be the best car. But if mileage is your top concern, go for WR-V. I would avoid the Tata Nexon petrol for bad city driveability (its diesel version is awesome. At par with ecosport and cheaper also).

R
Robin Philip
On: Aug 26, 2018 | 176 Views

Other EcoSport Reviews

All New Ford Ecosport 1.5L Petrol Titanium Best in segment

Value for money though we can not call it a full size SUV. One month of experience of ford ecosport facelift titanium 1.5L VCT Pentrol. Superb look of compact and sporty ... Read More

S
    Sajan
    On: Feb 26, 2018 | 256 Views

Comfort at its peak

Buying experience 10/10. Riding Experience 10/10. Looks 10/10. Performance 9/10. Servicing and maintenance 10/10. My vehicle is Titanium Petrol manual transmission 2018 J... Read More

S
    Sajan
    On: Oct 30, 2018 | 192 Views

Supersport

The car's looking is very smart. It has excellent performance and is a very luxurious car. The car offers fantastic design in both interior and exterior. Long drives ... Read More

s
    stalin
    On: Oct 18, 2018 | 86 Views

MY SWEET DREAM COMES TRUE

On 6th of Nov. I took delivery of my Ecosport which is in red color. On Diwali I wanted to surpirise my family. The car is really nice in terms of looks and features. Whi... Read More

j