Rating of Ford EcoSport

D
Digvijay Singh
for 1.5 TDCi Titanium Plus
On: Nov 21, 2016 | 80 Views

I was upgrading my car from Maruti Swift to a bigger car. I was thinking about Honda City but one of my friends recommended giving Ford EcoSport a chance. Its a smaller car when compared to Honda City but I wanted to give it a chance. I booked it for a test drive and I was impressed with the looks of the car. It looks muscular from outside and those thin headlights look very attractive. I opened the door and shut it with a thud! It's a solidly build car and you instantly get to know it. When you are used to a light built car like the Swift and you then sit in a Ford, you instantly get the feel of security. This feeling was lacking even in a Honda City. I started questioning my method of evaluating cars as till now I never paid attention to driver safety. Now coming to the interiors, the dashboard layout was different but I did not like it. There were just too many buttons there for my liking. The display too was small but I thought I can live with this if it can give me the driving pleasure that the Swift provides me. The seats were very comfortable. I started the car and began the test drive. The noise in the cabin was not much. It did not feel like a diesel or an SUV. The steering was light but precise. The drive was a pleasure. It felt like driving a hatchback as here was not a lot of body roll. I liked that about the car. I was smiling while driving it as I just enjoyed driving the car. The turbo lag that is prominent in Swift was not their. I missed it but there was just something about the EcoSport that convinced me to buy it. I was smiling a lot after driving the car. It just felt good.

Now coming to the part of owning it. There were a few things that I missed on the test drive. The thick A-pillar impairs your visibility a lot of times. You should check carefully when making a right turn. The seats are not that comfortable on a long drive. Also, I did not test the Ford Sync system at the time of test drive. It's a brilliant feature and works well most of the time. I went for the version with airbags and ABS for safety reasons. The service cost is not that much. Ford has put a calculator online where you can see the service cost. All said, I would recommend this car to everyone for its looks, sturdy build quality and above all the driving dynamics. Its a good looking car but an excellent one to drive.

Other EcoSport Reviews