Ford EcoSport - A mind-blowing compact SUV

By for Ford EcoSport 2014-03-15 12:38:57.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Engine performance, looks

Cons : waiting period

Finally I got my hands on both the petrol and diesel varaints of Ford EcoSport. Now I know what all the fuss is about. the waiting period and the popularity of the car among the young. You actually have to drive this SUV for couple of kms to know why people are so crazy about this vehicle. And once you have driven this car, it's hard to settle on the passenger side. I know coz I didn't.

Well to the people who are reading, you actually have to take car for few blocks, to believe it. If i am not mistaken, Ecosport bragged a booking of 17,000 in its first 17 days. You cannot imagine the power it generates. The small petrol engine of 1.0-litre with Ecoboost develops a power of 123bhp which is impressive even for a compact SUV. The exterior of the car is quite exquisite. The placement of the extra wheel on the back door, adds more to its ruggedness. Moreover, I also drove the 1.5 Titanium diesel model, which gives more of a heavy offroader vehicle kind of feel. Though it comes loaded with features such as steering mounted controls that really helps in managing all the task of controlling music, and phone calls while driving. The automatic air conditioner and push button start with keyless entry is really something that again gives a feel good factor.

• shailesh |07 Apr,2014 11:42:15 PM

I'm willing to buy one, pls give me the idea of the waiting period.

• S N Tripathi |27 Apr,2014 08:26:18 AM

Arjun Singh |30 Aug,2014 09:12:39 PM

My Dear, If u want to buy the best, U will have to wait. So waiting period for FES (Ecoboost Petrol) Titanium (Optional) [BEST] is min 6 months. Believe me, Its worth. U can buy Maruti Ertiga/Honda Mobilio within 1 week. Infact Duster offers an I-Pad free with their SUV and delivery is same day. But this is all Junk and u will not fall in love with these vehicles. Ecoboost is from heaven. Have patience to stand apart. I am waiting for confirmed delivery by 20 Sep 14. Choice is yours. Best of luck.

Arjun Singh |30 Aug,2014 09:21:24 PM

• Jimmy |30 Apr,2014 01:52:19 AM

Please provide the waiting period?

deepak sharma |11 Sep,2014 07:46:54 PM

i got my 1.5 eco sports titanium in just 20 days,from saluja motors mohali,and they deliver car every where in india,so u can book your car to get early delivery.

• Ziaahmed Quraishi |01 May,2014 12:47:23 PM

• ram prasad |08 May,2014 03:17:20 PM

Please till me waiting priod desiel veriant

• ROBY |14 May,2014 12:26:29 PM

• Subrata Das |10 Jun,2014 01:16:25 PM

I got the delivery on 2nd May and the car is amazing in the road, be it in the city road or in the highways. The AC is very cool and very effective. Even breaks in a emergency situation is very good. I am very much happy and satisfied with the Ecosport. Although waiting period was a bit long, but they delivered me in flat 2.5 months. Great going for Ecosport.

Vamsikiran |09 Jul,2014 06:12:20 PM

Me too got the Trend Mars Red on 2nd May. Can't stop driving. Already covered 3000+ kms with 2 long journey's. Color of the car is awesome and its definitely next generation SUV. Though the waiting period to me is 5 months, I am really enjoying driving and forgot about the waiting period :)

• thomas george |15 Jun,2014 05:20:05 PM

Now the automatic only available on petrol. Is there any plan to introduce titanium diesel with auto trans? Also to have leather seating or premium fabric options? regards Thomas

• Abhai Kumar |03 Aug,2014 10:03:54 PM

What is waiting period now?

• rau yadavg |09 Aug,2014 06:10:19 PM

i want to buy ecosport , is it good ?

• Jag Mohan Singh SAJWAN |12 Aug,2014 11:12:58 AM

booked in july `14 , waiting for it to come

• Sudhakaran |16 Oct,2014 10:12:37 AM

This is not a mind blowing SUV ,but mind hurting.Don't believe their own reviews.I am an owner of Echoboost petrol Titaniam.My money gone khalaas.

• Taran |25 Dec,2014 12:29:00 AM

Ford vehicles are safe good and best aparts from rest of companies like honda

• vikas |22 Feb,2016 05:11:19 PM

Want to know about the milage of eco boost petrol

• kalpesh manvar |28 Nov,2016 11:28:04 PM

i want to buy petrol automatic transmission. which one is good eccosport or search anything else?