Touch Screen System:
1. Not Synchronized with rest of the functions and button on both the front panel and steering wheel
2. Dial pad (number keys) on front panel cannot be used for dialing nos. as was demostrated by the salesperson. These buttons are of no practical use anymore since it is not connected with the touch screen system. Looks like a toy phone given to a kid - with lots of buttons without any use.
3. Arrow keys/ OK keys given on the front panel - not connected with the touchscreen system. It is of no use - just for show. They couldn't even bother to remove the useless buttons.
4. Other simple functions like LAST REDIAL, Scrolling though menu, etc cannot be done from the steering wheel.
5. Further, even shifting from one music folder to next music folder is not possible through the buttons. One has to travel 2 ft across, operate through the touch screen to do this.
6.Using a USB pen drive with songs is even more difficult. You cannot toggle through the folders. You have to again operate the touchscreen and select the folder. In case you want to play another song from a different folder you have to take your vehicle to the side of the road, make your hand travel 2 ft across, operate the touch screen and then select the folder inside which that song is there. Navigation System -
1. Did not work for first 5 days
2. Most of the prominent places are not there. Even famous historical places, college names not there. Enormous spelling mistakes - good luck searching for a place on this map.
3. Buttons given for "Take me home" - seems nice right!! However, you cannot input the HOME Address.
DATE and TIME is reset every time the engine is turned off. This issue has been reported to Ford India - and they do not have a solution - they have apparently contacted the vendor.
All the above issues are discussed with Ford India. No solution given till date.
Bottom Line - DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PAY EXTRA FOR A PLATINUM MODEL???
The navigation system is apparently a highlight of the PLATINUM model.
This model doesn't seem to have gone through any user/ beta testing. FORD India/ Dealership salesperson were surprised on hearing of the above issues. They themselves struggled to get to terms with these facts.
With the kind of features being given by Honda, Hyundai and even Maruti nowdays with its Nexa Models - this has been a big big disappointment.
I recently purchased Ford Ecosport Platinum edition (1.5 diesel). The ...
I purchased this car in February after test driving all its rivals. an...
i own New Face lift 2018 Diesel Trend Plus in 4th Feb 18 and drive abo...
It will help us serve you better content and best deals