Cheap substandard knock-off Navigation and Music System
Touch Screen System:
1. Not Synchronized with rest of the functions and button on both the front panel and steering wheel
2. Dial pad (number keys) on front panel cannot be used for dialing nos. as was demostrated by the salesperson. These buttons are of no practical use anymore since it is not connected with the touch screen system. Looks like a toy phone given to a kid - with lots of buttons without any use.
3. Arrow keys/ OK keys given on the front panel - not connected with the touchscreen system. It is of no use - just for show. They couldn't even bother to remove the useless buttons.
4. Other simple functions like LAST REDIAL, Scrolling though menu, etc cannot be done from the steering wheel.
5. Further, even shifting from one music folder to next music folder is not possible through the buttons. One has to travel 2 ft across, operate through the touch screen to do this.
6.Using a USB pen drive with songs is even more difficult. You cannot toggle through the folders. You have to again operate the touchscreen and select the folder. In case you want to play another song from a different folder you have to take your vehicle to the side of the road, make your hand travel 2 ft across, operate the touch screen and then select the folder inside which that song is there. Navigation System -
1. Did not work for first 5 days
2. Most of the prominent places are not there. Even famous historical places, college names not there. Enormous spelling mistakes - good luck searching for a place on this map.
3. Buttons given for "Take me home" - seems nice right!! However, you cannot input the HOME Address.
Etc etc DATE and TIME is reset every time the engine is turned off. This issue has been reported to Ford India - and they do not have a solution - they have apparently contacted the vendor. All the above issues are discussed with Ford India. No solution given till date. Bottom Line - DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PAY EXTRA FOR A PLATINUM MODEL???
The navigation system is apparently a highlight of the PLATINUM model.
This model doesn't seem to have gone through any user/ beta testing. FORD India/ Dealership salesperson were surprised on hearing of the above issues. They themselves struggled to get to terms with these facts. With the kind of features being given by Honda, Hyundai and even Maruti nowdays with its Nexa Models - this has been a big big disappointment.
- 23 Likes
- 14 Dislikes
Other EcoSport Reviews
Look and Style: The car looks superb. It looks much better than I had seen in any video or photo. Style is very contemporary; I could not have asked for a better-looking ...
When we were looking for a vehicle in 10-11 lakh price bracket last year in December, I came to know about the EcoSport. Came pretty impressed after the test drive. In th...
Being an owner of a Ford Ecosport petrol for the past 2 years, I have finally come to a conclusion that I have made a mistake buying this car. Initially, I really enjoyed...
Finally I got my hands on both the petrol and diesel varaints of Ford EcoSport. Now I know what all the fuss is about. the waiting period and the popularity of the car am...