Feels solid, goes like clappers

By for Fiat Linea 2016-07-08 12:31:56.0
  • Appearance

I had my eyes on Linea ever since Fiat brought it to the country. In 2011 I was finally able to purchase the much desired Linea 1.4L, emotion pack. Not only did I get a good deal on it from the dealership but also opted for extended warranty which served me well till last month. Linea has been very smartly designed. It immediately catches attention. Its curves and edges render it a unique look. Big oval head lamps placed around a smart 4 slot grille and a well sculpted bumper lend to it a very aggressive look. The side profile boasts of minimal curve lines and the roof very smartly flows in to the boot. Big tail lamps and a well curated boot with lower loading lip makes it look very premium from the rear. The interiors feel plush and the dash is smartly laid out. A clever use of black and beige gives it a very upmarket feel. Steering mounted controls and blue-tooth connectivity increase the convenience for the driver, not to miss out on the dual Airbags and a very solid body shell, which makes you feel safe inside the vehicle. The best part about this vehicle is that it drives beautifully. Gear transmission is fairly easy and the engine is quiet and is hardly heard inside the cabin. Car picks up linearly but the engine revvs up well past 2000 rpm. Below that the engine feels quite relaxed and makes up for a nice comfortable city drive. The steering is fairly responsive but the overall weight of the vehicle( 1610 kgs) makes it feel a bit heavy. What you can never take away from a Fiat vehicle is exceptionally good ride quality. The suspension set up of the vehicle is a bit on the stiffer side but gobbles up city pot-holes very easily. And the car balances itself beautifully when thrown in the corners. I have taken it for long drives quite a few times and driving this vehicle on the highway is a pure pleasure. It goes like clappers. However, 88 BHP seems a bit lagging when you require a surge of power for overtaking maneuvers. My after sales experience with Fiat has been decent. The service cost is never much, costs me somewhere around 6-7K, which, I believe, is nominal for any sedan. Overall experience has been very good, I am thoroughly enjoying my Linea.