Stay away from FIAT- Pathetic customer service - Torque Fiat, Gurgoan

• Appearance

Pros : Car

Cons : Dealership, service

Punto Evo Emotion 1.4 (petrol) is a good car overall. It is safe, sturdy, comfortable, and spacious. But its fuel economy is bad to say the least. The vehicle gives an average of ~10 kmpl in Gurgaon.

I would very strong recommend to stay away from Torque FIAT in Gurgaon. These guys are irresponsible, have little knowledge of the vehicle they are selling, and are extremely indifferent to you once you have made the purchase. After 4 months of purchase of the car, I have not been given the original remote controlled keys. They gave me my RC after 50 days! They are yet to give me extended warranty manual. I made three complaints on FIAT India's website but they just made false promises.

It is important to understand that no matter how good the car is, you will have to deal with these people for annual service, or any other follow ups pertaining to the vehicle. And despite my good experience with the car, the harassment done by these guys at Torque FIAT is enough for me to repent my decision of buying FIAT.

So I would suggest try out other competitive vehicles from other manufacturers such as Polo and Figo which provide you very similar set of features and pricing (their service may be expensive though). But these manufacturers definitely have better customer service than FIAT.

Comments Fiat Grande Punto
  • Devendra |22 Mar,2015 08:30:27 PM

Do not buy Punto. My fiat Punto emotion (diesel) bought in Nov.2009 was not nicely attended. Though I made several complaints with the manufacturer, defects were not attended and ultimately I had to make distress sale

• G.kapoor |23 Apr,2015 10:49:23 AM

Dear All, I have purchased Punto EVO 1.4 in Jan'15, I am very happy with the preform of this vehicle. I am getting the average of 14.5 in city and on high way 16.7. It depends on how we drive this vehicle and i have been driving for 20 yrs and have not found this kind of vehicle in my life. I am happy with the service and the dealer i got. No other vehicle have so much ground clearance, strong built and amazing handling. I would always recommend all the new buyers to go for Fiat vehicles.

Nitesh Sinha |23 Apr,2015 11:14:29 AM

Mr. Kapoor, I am unaware of which city you are residing in so really can't say how or why you are getting the mileage you are. As you would see in my post, I have talked about Gurgaon and the mileage that I am talking about is what it is not only for me for a few other people I know as well. Regarding the driving quality, I agree it affects the mileage though I am not sure if 20 years of driving experience translates into good driving skills. Nevertheless, if it does, the comparison between you and me fades out as I have been driving cars since the year 2000 (15 years). Regarding service quality, I would say you have to wait and watch. Your car is merely 4 months old and not has gone even for its first service, I assume. So if I am not wrong, you are judging the service quality by the polite sales guys and the delivery of the car with all its paraphernalia. But I think this is the least you should expect with a 7.5 lac car. BTW, in my case, they goofed up with that as well (6 months+ and still counting for the delivery of original keys) Ground clearance, strong built, and amazing handling are among some of the basic things to test before buying a car. So I believe you, I, and most others looking to buy this vehicle would be aware of it. So no confusions there!

naresh |29 Jun,2015 05:52:34 PM