Fiat Punto points the right deal in me.

• Appearance

Pros : Power, Excellent Mileage, Looks

Cons : None

When I though of buying my first car my people suggested me to go for Swift, Polo, i20 but when I took the test drive of Punto. I knew this will be my first car. The best is I didnt have to wait in ques as they are still waiting for there turn to ride there new car.Look and StyleThe car is very stylish, sturdy body, sharp features...easily recognizable in the crowd. It suits my personality. Punto's wipers are strong with headlights being the perfect hawk eye for the car.ComfortPower window, power steering, easy reach of the instruments while driving, eye catching dashboard and trust me I can go on and on. When sitting inside it gives that comfy feel, well complimented with the fine plastic and upholstery used.PickupThe car pickup is quite good. When driving the car within city roads also with ac on it is good and I should say its a highway ride leader.MileagePunto offers great mileage of above 16 kpl in city roads and more than 20 kpl on highways. Well what i want a great holiday car and also an office car.Best FeaturesComfortable seats, smooth shifts, easy control on audio as the buttons are mounted on the steering wheel. The car is quite spacious.Needs to improveFor me this car is Perfecto!Overall ExperienceBeing my first car I have emotional attachment with it. The car has been great with best of riding quality, mileage and looks. It is numero uno for me!!!

Comments Fiat Grande Punto 2009-2013
  • Shazz |14 Mar,2011 02:59:12 PM

Congrats for your Punto.Enjoi its a wonderful ride!!

• Devinder |14 Mar,2011 08:07:00 PM

the car will catch the market congrats

• yahya |14 Mar,2011 09:15:55 PM

punto has got a powerful body which will give u confidence to ride anyway and anywhere.. does not go out of hand.. congrts dude..

• Raja |15 Mar,2011 01:33:35 PM

Dear Freind I have August 2009 Fiat Punto Diesel. I have driven the vehicle for 60000 kms till date. Actually I had booked Swift D after waiting for 1 month my car was ready for delivery. But my elder brother told to just look the Punto and then decide. I got his idea and brought Punto. This is the best hatchback in the country. All the things u mentioned are true. Anybody who is thinking to buy Punto (Diesel only) should not even think he should buy it. Punto has superb handling excellent road grip and touches max speed of 180 kmph. Even at the speed of 120 if driven carefully if will give mileage more than 20 kmpl. Fa r better than any hatchback including many Sedans. If any body have any query feel free to call me as I have tested the vehicle to its max. Raja 9422892534

• Tony |15 Mar,2011 06:55:46 PM

No doubth, Punto is a real Head turner. It will leave its competitors way back in cornering at high speed, You feel like driving a saloon car.

• Lijo Joseph |15 Mar,2011 08:38:59 PM

I have booked Punto 90 Hp today and really impressed reading all your comments on Punto.I was nervous about others telling the fiats background but for me this is really good choice.

devinder |16 Mar,2011 09:36:31 PM

the service is actually improving. bad dealers like Vivek auto ( oldest fiat dealer ) are stripped of there dealership. just bought active diesel with 50 month warranty. the car scores much higher than polo . only problem is people are looking at this car with service and resale value angle . guys just go to any used car dealer they will tell you the right status as far as resale is concerned. the car will catch the market and will be a long runner.

• mohan |16 Mar,2011 05:21:29 AM

What about after sales service. Is it good or not

Sunit |17 Mar,2011 01:53:43 AM

rest assured for the after sales service as Fiat has tied up with TATA dealer & service network... and the best part is that for Fiat cars they have deployed dedicated staff in these dealer and service points.. If u love driving this is the choice for u forget the resale value and bla bla..... U will feel satisfied by your driving experience

• prem kwatra |16 Mar,2011 10:49:59 AM

Good car,sleek& sytlist , easyly controlabbe ,certainly better choice in this segment as per cost factor. I also bought this in diesel version.

• Peter |16 Mar,2011 11:02:21 AM

I become a proud owner of this Italian beauty a couple of months back and done with 5500kms !! I would agree and it is the best car of its class in all aspects like look, performance, handling, cornering, braking, mileage and so on. Best of all is that you will get a feel of a sedan in hatchback size with premium space inside !! And the good news is that the service quality is getting better and better .. People from fiat headoffice, italy and pune, themself call us directly for feedbacks and suggestion. . In my view, Fiat is nowheading in the right direction and this is going to make this as a best seller as well. .

• K SASIDHARAN |16 Mar,2011 12:24:35 PM

I am using wagon r since 6 years. I want to update my car. I would like to go to Punto. Wagon R giving me 13.5 with AC in city and 19/20 highway. My preference is good milege and safety.

Harminder Singh |16 Mar,2011 06:04:55 PM

Dear KSS, Do not compare Wagon R with Punto. Both are completely different vehicles. One is a rock solid steel with proven ride quality and controls. You drive punto and soon you will forget wagon R forever. Regards

lokesh |16 Mar,2011 11:43:15 PM

I purchased punto Diesel Emotion in Dec'10 & met with accident just after 10 days of purchase & to my surprise i was not at all hurt though accident was so sewere.. Thanks to The lovely beast Punto. In my all drives i've got milage of 20km/lt minimum whether AC is on or not. So don't think much & go for it... Perfect one

Sunit Surendran |17 Mar,2011 01:57:53 AM

Just take a test drive u will finalise it soon

• Sunil |16 Mar,2011 07:10:57 PM

All said and done but what about the worst ever service network shared with TATA motors. I own a Fiat Palio 1.6 and also the Punto, both are excellent cars but no service back up, enetering TATA motors service station is a pain in the a**.. at the first place and the service provided is worst.. FIAT makes the best engines and very good cars but the service part shared with TATA motors in India is pulling the companies trust all the way down..

lokesh |16 Mar,2011 11:45:59 PM

Sunil: Tata is company who took v gud care of Customers, believe me, I've been through with this. Just do one mail to TATA care centre, rest they will take care..

• sanjay pawar |17 Mar,2011 11:20:05 AM

Realy a nice car in its class!

• Mukesh |17 Mar,2011 03:12:11 PM

I am going to purchase that car in May from TATA motors, I took test Drive of Swift D, Indica Vista, Ford Figo and Fiat Punto... But I must say, the driving experience of that car is just Superb and the independent suspension in Punto added more comfortableness in Driving that Car

• joginder singh |17 Mar,2011 11:35:10 PM decided and booked polo on 2nd feb 11 depositing 50thousands but waited 4 arrival of car,took test drive also but i also learnt of punto,wen on 14th march i visited tata garage,i saw punto,test drive,quite comfortable i felt,and am gonna get it on tomorow 18th march 11.

rahul harjai |24 Mar,2011 01:07:51 PM

same here few days back in lucknow i took the test drive of polo diesel. i m not satisfied with it coz it has less features than punto and its engine noise is more than punto,..... punto best part is its braking and handling due to its abs-ebd where ebd is not present in polo and polo is 50,000 costlier than punto...

• palani s. |18 Mar,2011 12:13:15 PM

now i searched to buy a first car. so i want to buy the best hatch back car.i am also confused which car to be bought

• alok kumar |23 Mar,2011 02:07:22 PM

milege is unbelivebale,,23 km/hour

• samudra |23 Mar,2011 09:59:27 PM

planning to buy a petrol hatch back, which will be the better option ritz punto or swift. plz help

RAHUL HARJAI |24 Mar,2011 01:05:01 PM

all three are good but if u see overall package then punto emerges out to be best. be it looks, ride, handling or buid quality.. mam u should go for punto

• Ved Bhatnagar |30 Mar,2011 10:38:39 AM

The car is excellent so far as comfort, millage etc. are concerned. But certainly there is a problem with the clutch, the clutch distance is more than any other vehicle. this causes slight jerk while gear shift. Moreover, in my car (Active-Petrol) some sleeve cylinder in the clutch broke down twice.I have done more than 20000 Kms so far but I am not comfortable with it so far . I have done atleast 150000 Kms with my previous car ( Matiz).

• Rishi Barman |12 Apr,2011 09:43:27 AM

I am planning to buy the car....confused between Punto and the Ford Figo..Can somebody help me in telling which car to go with. How is the after sales service of both the car & how is the maintainance cost of both of them

• Nikhil |13 Apr,2011 08:44:30 AM

Hey Guys, I am a proud owner of Punto Emotion Wine color Diesel. You own it and you love it. I am happy with my Punto crossing 25000 Kms. The best thing is service interval of 15000 kms, you will forget to go to service centers and petrol pumps. Very good after sales service FIAT announces free checkup camps also thrice in a year and you will get a call from the service center when you will visit. Also I was given a wonderful black Tshirt with FIAT marked on it. I am loving it!!!!

• SENTHILKUMAR M |14 Apr,2011 02:24:56 PM

I'm planning to exchange the Tata Indica Vista (Aura TDI) which is in good condition ran 63000KMs with good mileage crosses 20KMPL. Bought in Dec 2008. Will Tata motors exchange this car with the FIAT Punto.

• sadanand |30 May,2011 02:48:28 PM

I am currently researching for buying a new car - confused between Punto, Ford figo, Tata Indica Vista, Chaverlot Aveo Uva and Swift Can anybody advise

• balakrishna |31 May,2011 06:17:10 PM

i took a test drive of Punto emotion and Figo on the same day.first i tested Punto. then Figo.but i did nt lile Figo even the dealer boy explaining and bosting o f Figo. its nothing but a refined Indica with hard Horn and stiff steering. i fell in love with smooth steering and pick of heavy vehicle. spacious back seat and leg room for middle passenger at back. gud boot space. not a single hatchback can match it. Jai Punto.

• deval |06 Jul,2011 11:38:16 PM

Can anybody tell me about the negative points of Fiat punto diesel 1.3Diesel Emotion pack car as I had decided to purchase this car and I want to take final decision before 18th June 2011. hey please let me know the reason for dissatisfaction about FIAT........

asheesh khare |13 Jul,2011 05:49:50 AM

nothing is thr. just go for it as i also purchase today only after so many research

• Gibson |24 Aug,2011 01:20:20 AM

I am buying the Punto 90 HP .. I have been so confused for the past few days as I had booked the swift.. but now I am gonna cancel the booking and get my Punto 90

• asheesh khare |25 Sep,2011 02:33:01 PM

punto is ultimate choice. its great asheesh.9889009570

• sanjay |27 Oct,2011 03:17:09 PM

I have booked a Punto 1.2 petrol Emotion. Any review on this?

• ajay kilam |03 Feb,2012 02:09:32 AM

Please suggest the particular model of punto for domestic use as around 100-200km /month to be driven AjAy

Fiat Grande Punto 2009-2013 review scorecard