Do not Buy

• Appearance

Pros : good on highways

Cons : poorest air conditioning and fuel efficiency

Look and Style good Comfort good Pickup not so great Mileage very low efficiency Best Features good for highways Needs to improve air conditioning is so bad, you never feel the cooling before 15 mins. Overall Experience bad

Comments Fiat Grande Punto 2009-2013
  • sriram |15 Oct,2010 05:41:32 PM

good review..thanks... Fiat Punto is one of the worst in this segment... Dont buy any fiat cars.... They are on edge of closing...

devinder |27 Feb,2011 11:17:29 PM

sadak chap sales man kripya apni bakwas band rakhiye got a brand new punto active diesel excellent milage excellent drive looks every body knows great value for money.

Hitendra |09 Jun,2011 02:34:16 PM

Ha ha ha true devinder. Both Heena and sriram looks like sales men of any other car companies. Useless review.

• Jeet |15 Oct,2010 11:47:22 PM

lol at your review, what is it? no model info, no variant info, did you went to A.S.S ? what was their reply?

• Havvaumma |18 Oct,2010 08:58:25 PM

Please don't buy any Fiat cars,very poor performance and poorest service .unless they improve their customer care service,what happened to Fiat sienna will repeat.I bought one Punto diesel,after 4 months it is in workshop,irresposible dealers(hyssop Thrissur) and very bad manufacturer(Fiat India)

• yuresh |24 Oct,2010 08:44:33 AM

car pris kiyada you foon nambar danna

• sanjeev |24 Oct,2010 10:23:25 AM

i dont know why people r writing negative things. my friend is having a punto and till date it has not given any probs. i used to drive his beauty and it rocks. we r planning to buy one or a linea. if dealers r giving troubles why blame the vehicle.

• Yatinder |27 Oct,2010 06:49:25 PM

Hello evryone! I am a proud owner of Grande Punto. And honestly its an awesome car to drive. Please dont do negative PR of any brand like this. I personally say its an awesome car. Raw power. i felt it wow whenevr i drive. I have driven 6000km in alomost 2 months with 150km a day 7 8 times & 1 trip to Dhanaulti. YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE EACH AND EVERY MOMENT WITH MY PUNTO. The engine is o refined, The SUSPENSION AWESOME. TAkes big wholes smoothly. HEy all its an amazing car. And car enthusiast will agree to it :).. Thanks

• Arup Dey |17 Nov,2010 01:32:15 PM

Thank you Yatinder. Those who R putting negative comments, R taken any money from other car companies??? I have a punto emotion ( petrol)in Navi Mumbai. The car is simply superb and its a head turner. No other car compare with Fiat punto. Engine is powerfull, Ac cooling is nice and Mileage is good. Whenever i see my car I feel proud to be a owner of such wonderfull and gorgeous car. So dont put such negetive points for such a car

• Nikhil |03 Dec,2010 04:07:24 PM

Punto Emotion Vs Swift Vdi 1. Huge boot space 2. Electronic controlled side mirrors 3. It has 2 trip meters 4. Both trip merters shows Average mileage, instantaneuos mileage and trip duration 5. It will display lot of details on the console display like: How many kms. you can go with the remainig diesel, Temp, Date, Stereo info, 6. It will also display in written like fornt right door open, if any door including boot is open 7. The folding key has in built center locking. 8. Auto down in all four power window and auto up in driving side. 9. Nice blaupunkt music system with a feature like volume increase & decrease with speed. 10. Driving seat height adjustment. 11. Stearing height adjustment. 12. Front and rear fog lamps.

Rakesh Dutt |02 Feb,2011 12:06:47 PM

Are you kidding, How can you compare Swift to GP. Its miles apart. Have driven brand new swift of one of my friend to check the performance and interior, was not at all comfortable by the size of the exterior looks(came close to Indica - not the New vista), Then went for a test drive with GP, just Awesome.

saji |14 Mar,2011 11:29:04 AM

You are right Nikhil. I also have the punto emotion diesel,13000kms ,1.5 yrs, with 18.8km average mileage in Kottayam,Alapuzha, Ernakulam roads of Kerala. The instantaneous mileage indication helps in developing a good driving habit. Once I faced with a clutch problem during my drive. The low Hyd. fluid level indication displayed piror to the breakdown which I ignored caused the breakdown. This was due to leak in the fuil line . The service centre replaced the damage dcomponent free of cost.After this incident till now the car is performing well with out any problem . I feel Diesel version is more economical than petrol. as the pirze diff. is only around 45000-50000/ between the two. The only problem i feel with this car is that it is not suitable for rough road condition.

• RAHUL |06 Dec,2010 08:57:10 PM

Yes dude....its gorgeous car..i love my punto...THIS CAR IS VALUE FOR MONEY...

• Prasoon Maurya |18 Dec,2010 07:19:39 AM

Hi. every1 I had booked punto 1.2 petrol base model, i will b happy to know ur sugetion about the additional acceceries i prefer to the car so my sister lyk it nd proud to be a part of Feat Family.

• greg |22 Dec,2010 11:18:18 AM

me and friends booked 4 punto emotion pack. what a fabulous car, ti drives me crazy, the way it handles nd comfort wow... hey mortal how much you took cash for spreading bad rumors of punto...

• karthik |31 Dec,2010 04:46:51 PM

hi every one i have a plan 2 buy a new punto any one can advise about maintainence cost and millage / litter?????

• CarDekho Team |03 Jan,2011 01:41:33 PM

The Fiat Grande Punto is a very well built car, Fiat cars are sold and serviced at all Tata Motors service stations and this is a good thing for Fiat owners. The Spares are not expensive as compared to before and the Punto requires less maintenence too. Expect 14kmpl on the Petrol and close to 18kmpl on the Diesel Punto. Thanks, CarDekho Team

dp |16 Jun,2011 02:52:27 PM

Can anybody tell me about the negative points of Fiat punto diesel 1.3Diesel Emotion pack car as I had decided to purchase this car and I want to take final decision before 18th June 2011. hey please let me know the reason for dissatisfaction about FIAT.................. WHY buy any fiat cars????????????????????????????????????

• Devinder |27 Feb,2011 11:19:30 PM

ye sriram pitega

Sunil Sharma |23 Oct,2011 01:01:49 AM

Wat a F...k is this? Yaar inhoney kabhi car chalai bhi h? Cycle or rickshaw chalaney wale kya jaaney kya hoti hai aur comments kaisey karney hai. For making comment u shud have sound technical knowledge. I am an automobile professional since last 11yrs. I was the part of that R & D team who developed entire sealing system for Punto & Linea in 2008. What a gr8 hatchback car Punto is. Excellent 5star looks, at least 8 to 10 features which others don't have till yet. Plastic quality may not be that much clicking but I am sure that could not be the reason to switch over. Italian are gr8 designers, If nobody know...plz update urself. Price is little bit high...but don't worry...u will appreciate ur decision once u got it. I too planning to have Punto Diesel Emotion till the end of Nov.2011.

Fiat Grande Punto 2009-2013 review scorecard