GO WITH SUN...

By for Datsun GO 2016-11-13 19:57:37.0
  • Appearance

The 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol engine is unexpectedly good. I thought it'll suffer from breathlessness but it pulled briskly all the way till 140 clicks we managed on the speedo. The refinement lower down the revs is good and pootling around at city-speeds would be a no-fuss affair but the motor really gets all its energy together when you go beyond 1800rpm. It's only when you start being a bit brash with the accelerator pedal in each gear that the engine becomes coarse. The sound isn't very pleasing.

But after all the criticism, as much as I'd like to dislike the GO, I must confess that Datsun has done a decent job with it. It's all about what the other manufacturers don't offer in that price bracket (3-4 lakhs) - space and comfort. The cabin and luggage space is massive for its segment and the ride quality is simply the best of the lot. What Nissan-Datsun need now is to spread their network at a rapid pace.

Meanwhile, I'll just go and drive it like a lunatic one more time - it's simply hilariously entertaining around bends. The silly roll-angles almost make your heart skip a few beats.

For last 2years, my daily running is average 150km. feels comfortable , performance is good and good mileage too. Very good budget car for an initial buyer too. But suspension and tyre noise is drastic even on small rough roads. also feels shy in front of others to open and close the doors, because of huge noise.

I have taken it to my native place which is a hilly area and it's performance is excellent. No other cars of the segment can be compared to this beast in terms of power and space. The car grips the road in much higher speed and feels awesome to drive. The steering wheel, brakes,and clutch are very responsive both in high and low speeds. Finally it's a great value for money. I am happy to have bought this car instead of kwid, tiago, kuv100.