The truth of Chevrolet Beat

By for Chevrolet Beat 2016-05-31 14:33:32.0
  • Appearance

Pros : The comfort is good, the car is sturdy for long drives, enough power to carry 4 people for long drives

Cons : But quality components like brakes and shock absorbers, bad service and non availability of parts

I am using a Chevrolet Beat diesel as a primary mode of transport since October 2013. The car has never crossed a mileage of 17kmpl whereas the promise is 25kmpl (Poor Chevrolet). Such a company, it has to put lies to sell their products.

I am based out of Delhi and I get my car serviced at Metro Chevrolet only. The service is extremely bad, basic parts like wiper blades of this car also not available generally. There has been more than 3 to 4 parts changed in this car under warranty this shows the quality of part that Chevrolet has put in this car.

I got the following parts changed

(1) Complete brake system and brake drum (I had a brake failure when I was driving in the hills and the situation was life threatening). The dealership changed the brake and brake drum happily though I could get no assistance on the road.

(2) Got the shock absorber replaced under warranty again, I do not why it should fail at the 1st place.

(3) Problems with Air Conditioner (why should there be a problem). The car is comfortable with respect to the driving comfort but the company has done all sorts of wrong commitment in the component quality, mileage and service and on road side assistance.

I think if you want to buy a Chevrolet Beat suggest you to do the following.

(1) Take extended warranty for sure. The car has not got reliability in parts.

(2) Take extended service support and also pay for road side assistance and get regular check-up of the car. It may happen that every time you give the car for service, the car is returned just after a silly wash. I do not believe that this company, Chevrolet is here in India for good they just want to fool the people.

I feel Chevrolet is dying in India due to their own deeds. They do not take their customer input seriously.