Poor mileage and poor pickup

By for Chevrolet Beat 2013-01-30 13:40:21.0
  • Appearance

Pros : PRICE

Cons : POOR PERFORMANCE

Look and Style is great Comfort is too okay Pickup is worst considering 1199cc as I have driven I10, swift, Indica & even polo.Mileage is worst it give 9 kmpl in city & 14 kmpl on highway with AC

Neither car gives you good pick up nor gives good mileage but none you get with beat best features honestly I find nothing though I own it needs to improve on mileage n pick up drastically overall experience there are better options available in market & I regret to buy beat instead.

• kiran patel |04 Feb,2013 04:26:32 PM

I AM VERY HAPPY FOR BEAT DIESEL CAR . GIVES GOOD MILEAGE AND GOOD LOOK.MY BEAT DIESEL CAR GIVE ON ROAD 24 KMPL WITH OUT A.C. KIRAN PATEL

kiran patel |04 Feb,2013 04:29:45 PM

I AM VERY HAPPY FOR BEAT DIESEL CAR . GIVES GOOD MILEAGE AND GOOD LOOK.MY BEAT DIESEL CAR GIVE ON ROAD 24 KMPL WITH OUT A.C. GANDHIDHAM( KUTCH) KIRAN PATEL

rahul desai |05 Feb,2013 12:40:58 PM

Hi Kiran Pls tell me how did calculate mileage & what speed generally you drive so i can rectify if i m not doing anything wrong. Rahul

Bhupendra Singh Rawat |05 Feb,2013 05:49:53 PM

I purchased my BEAT Petrol(Optional) in March 2012. As far as its look, interior and pick-up is concern, it is O.K. but, when I think of its mileage, it is very poor. I am maintaining its log-book and calculate the mileage on Tank-full to tank-full basis. In local it gives between 11.28 to 12.14 Kmpl and about 14.26 Kmpl on Highway. It needs improvement. If somebody having any suggestion towards its improvement, please suggest.

Rahul Desai |06 Feb,2013 04:27:14 PM

hi bhupendra congratulations that you getting 11.28 to 12.14 kmpl as my car gives 9 kmpl in city with ac. though highway is the same. i had sent email to customer care gmi.cac@gm.com with authorised service centre name & address where i generally send my car for servicing. luckily they had sent mail to me & service centre's general manager to check my car n do the needful. i did not got time to take my car so i will update you if they rectify this. honestly car does not have power like any other 1200 cc car does n at same time low mileage, GM only price their cars at lower price to attack customers, thats all they got. I regret buying Beat.

Lalu |14 Jan,2014 05:36:04 PM

Hi i have been using beat diesel LT since 2013 june..Done almost 8000km... Did my 1st check up and service ...Always complained about the Mileage... They told like some chip programming was not proper and they have fixed it.... But still my city mileage in bangalore is 12.5km/lt.... I am really disappointed with this car... i took it only for its mileage... comparing other diesel