On a long run its a dissapointment
I have had the Beat Diesel TDI for over 5 years and I have used this vehicle very extensively and have clocked 80,000K on it. Here's personal take on it
1. A vehicle at this price is I would say a good deal.
2. For the size, the response of the engine pretty much nippy. I would say very nimble on roads especially the city.
3. The boot space for this segment is quite ok.
4. Outward appearance - Stylish
1. The interiors are a tad cheap. The dashboard is quite plasticky and the instrument panel quite cursory at that.
2. After driving around for a year or two, whenever the car had problems it would cost a minimum 15000k for repairs. Expensive maintenance.
3. After 60,000Km the vehicle started developing regular problems(Engine trouble). Sometimes the turbo was damaged, at one instant the oil pump broke down and so did the vehicle in the middle of the road. The replacement of these components cost nothing less than 15K.
4. After 75,000Km the engine is coughing up oil. And even after servicing the problem seems to be unresolved.
5. The after sales service of Chevrolet is very poor if not terrible and the Staff at Ernakulam, Kerala branch that I dealt with were unprofessional and rude. The service center at Kannur, Kerala is shut down. Indicating slow death.
4. Poor response from GM on complaint redressal.
- 7 Likes
- 2 Dislikes
Other Beat Reviews
Look and Style-Looks great and its the first reason for the selection, Front grill design, and chrome plating is...Read More
- 135 Likes
- 12 Dislikes