Chevrolet Beat: A head turner everywhere you go

By for Chevrolet Beat from Banaras 2011-01-16 19:14:18.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Striking headlights, completely fresh and different looks, No maintenance for three years

Cons : None

Look and Style I bought Chevrolet Beat LT car for several reasons, one of which being its amazing looks and secondly that it is based on the Matiz platform which runs smoothly on roads. The headlights are unique and it is rather easy to spot a Beat on the road without having to scratch your brain a lot, thanks to it distinctive design.   Comfort Beat, though being a small car accommodates five passengers very easily. The seats, headroom and legroom are sufficient enough for a comfortable drive. Tilt power steering is one feature which is heaven for me as I have taken my car on long journeys and can adjust the steering according to my convenience. The AC plus heater works well in different seasons, which is a standard but very important feature in the car.   Pickup The pick up is great. I have had a number of races with my friends and family and my car has never disappointed me. There are no vibrations at all even if I take it over 125 kmph which makes it ideal for highway trips.    Mileage I get a mileage of around 15-16 kmpl in the city and around 20 kmpl on highways making it the best car for me to take on my long trips. The handling of the car has been a careful one and thus such good mileage has been maintained.    Best Features The best feature I liked in this car was its interiors. The dashboard looks like ones you have in sedans and you'll soon forget you're in a hatchback once you take in its interiors. The three year free maintenance service provided by Chevrolet is yet another feature that has not only made my decision to purchase in its favour but I am sure, has lured other buyers too.   Needs to improve It should offer more colors which everyone pays attention to these days.   Overall Experience Heads turn as I drive my Chevrolet Beat which is amazing. Easy to spot, smooth to drive, comfortable to sit in, you cant get a better package than this at such good price.

• harish Kumar |18 Jan,2011 04:27:04 AM

fine dear.. me too had a beat since 2 months.. but i am doubt about its fuel efficiency. b,coz cheverlet itself quotes it 18.3 km/l. then how u r getting it 20 km/l, please tell this secret also to us plz. plz.

• nagaraj |18 Jan,2011 09:07:53 AM

we can get a mileage of even 22 if you just accelate it and leave without accelating untill it travels to some distance by this method we can get the mileage on high way...by the way my car is also Beat LS model. And my friends always comment that my Beat look really good to look at.

• Arvind |18 Jan,2011 09:34:11 AM

I Am a Beat owner since Feb 2010, & the best part is I never ever thought of changing it... ;) Love It....

• Vaibhav |18 Jan,2011 09:48:02 AM

I own Beat LT for last one year. My experience with this car is worst. I feel its the worst car in this segment. Looks are good, but the mileage is not more then 10. When you turn on the AC the pick up dies completely. Even on my recent trip to Jaipur it started raining havily and the water started coming from the door near the driver seat. I have showed this car to the service station several times but nothing has happened so far. The car is just 3000 KM done . If anyoone intersted in buying let me know. This car is a pain and an example of poor engineering. The company should stop the production immediately.

Sameer |10 Feb,2011 04:35:23 PM

First person to see complaining about its engineering Dude there something wrong with ur driving.Such best car never can have such problems...Its such a lovely, problem free car..driving since a year and neither a single complaint though

• Bharat |18 Jan,2011 10:09:52 AM

Dear All, i owned beat LT since feb 2010, believe me it is head turner for everyone. my friends love to sit and ask for drive every time.... I love this car.. but yes no doubt about the millage... it is not more than 11 in the city and to my recent trip to jaipur non stop i got the millage of 16.3..... any one can help me the get the USB cable for this stereo i am unable to find the one....

Coolguy |26 Feb,2011 07:36:22 PM

i got a the adapter in eBay for my nexus one i.e from micro usb (phone) to mini usb (beat). Search for Chevrolet Beat in ebay you will get the adapter.

• Sidhes |18 Jan,2011 12:47:25 PM

I am completely agree with mr Vaibhav, i think the company should stop manufacturing of the same car, i have the car since 30/11/2010,LT, i am very upset for this car, the millage 7-9 in City and 10 in Highway, even i have sent a legal notice to the car manufacturer and the dealer also, but there is no response from them, the case is consumer court now,

• Rounak |18 Jan,2011 01:51:54 PM

poor millage,poor millage,,,fake company

• arshad |18 Jan,2011 03:03:02 PM

Dear All, i owned beat LT since JULY 2010, I have only one doubt about the millage..,then i buying time they told, 15 millage in city and rest of place 12 somthing, it is not more than 10 in the city and anyware.this is a big cheeting.

• Jeet |18 Jan,2011 03:19:03 PM

I am completely disagree with all of your comments i OWN beat LT and I am getting 18 kmpl on highways and 15 kmpl in city with full time AC and pick up and acceleration good at high RPMS may be top in hatch back segment...managed to reach 160kmph... I wonder how u r getting low mileage...agree till 2000 km car gives less mileage around 11 in city but increases with time like for me Always try to use top gear most of time and dont accelerate too much..ppl usually does opposite and results in bad mileage....will have same results in swift and i10 tooo...SO THINK ABOUT IT...AND BE KNOWN ITS VERY GOOD VFM

Gautam |18 Jan,2011 05:19:07 PM

Hi, I own BEAT Ls since Oct 2010,I am getting 13 kmpl in Jaipur city. This is not very good millage,butI think not very poor millage for any 1.2L car.I am happy with this car.Very comfort drive.

jackie |19 Jan,2011 04:14:00 PM

yes it was one of the best car for the experts only and not for the first time users http://www.zsl.com

• Abhi |18 Jan,2011 04:17:57 PM

I work as a journalist and it's news for me to get the real picture if chrevelot beat is actually a fake or it's really a myth that it does not gv a good miliage. Plz mail me your views on the same.

• MILIND |22 Jan,2011 02:27:39 PM

HI, I OWN BEAT LT FROM LAST 6 MONTHS AND I HAD DONE NEARLY ABOUT 5000 KMS. I AM HAPPY WITH CAR PERFORMANCE,BUT THE AVERAGE ISSUE HAS TO SOLVE BY GM. AT LEAST WE SHOULD GET 15-16 KM PER LITRE IN CITY DRIVING,AND SECOND PART IS THAT WHILE DRIVING IF AUTO AC TAKE AIR FROM OUTSIDE,THEN IT SMELL VERY BAD.AND LAST I WANT TO ASK YOU PEOPLE THAT IF I WILL ALSO GET 3 YRS MAINTENANCE FREE FROM GM.BECAUSE GM HAS STARTED THIS SCHEME IN DEC 10,AND I HAD PURCHASE IT IN JUNE 10, I DONT HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS PL HELP ME.

• sarath |22 Jan,2011 10:32:20 PM

I own Beat LT for last one year, i was having problem with pick up while ac is on, But it was only in 2nd gear, one day i got a call from the showroom and they told me they are calling back all beat cars for solving less pickup, i went there and they did with in 2 hours, so now i have no pblm with pickup while ac is on, i think all of u got call fm ur shoroom... i m getting 12 kmpl in City(Bangalore)while ac is on, one guy fm showroom told me that i will be getting good mileage after 3 to 4 service.. by the by i got the usb reader fm the market. In built Speakers are not in my range, i will be replacing shortly.

• parag dixit |02 Feb,2011 04:56:38 PM

Hi, I m an handicapped with right leg. So i want to knew that Beat LT comes in Automatic segment or not ?

CarDekho Team |03 Feb,2011 03:03:04 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that Chevrolet Beat comes in manual transmission only. In small car segment Hyundai i10 and Maruti A-star are the cars which are available in automatic transmission. Thanks

• Dr Harjinder Pal Gojra |07 Feb,2011 12:22:00 PM

I bought BEAT LT in dec 2010 and till today i have done 3600 km and i am very much satisfied with my car its mileage is around 17.9 on higway and around 15.1 in city and the problem i face is only of the bumper front wich has a very low ground clearance which makes me sometime worriable while driving in my village .

• Vinod |08 Feb,2011 03:55:25 AM

How mnay are happy customers

Ashok |10 Feb,2011 04:40:39 PM

There are plenty in numbers..read views all around

• sasi ram reddy |01 Mar,2011 03:05:44 AM

Dear Car dekho, I am planning to buy beat petrol, is that vehicle comes with new smart-tech engine or not.

• sasi ram reddy |01 Mar,2011 05:58:52 PM

Dear car dekho, plz tell me that chev beat petrol come with new smarttech engine or old engine. coz gm launched smartech engine in feb. it will replace to existing engine? plz tell me new cars will come with smarttech new engine?...

• Deepti |01 Jun,2011 12:36:52 PM

Dear car dekho, I am planning to buy beat. Please tell me which one would be the best showroom to in Bangalore to look for this.

Vinod |31 Jan,2012 11:25:22 PM

I have finalized it from Trident Chevrolet (Kalyan Nagar)! The executive was good and courteous and deal went extremely fluent. I'm happy to get many discounts to make my car buying more pleasurabe. I got following offers: Insurance free (16.6k) Corporate Discount (4k) Free Keyless Entry (3.5k) Free Car Cover (1k) Free Windows film (2.8k) You can check from other dealers as well, like Kropex and ask them for best deal by clearly asking what they can offer extra! :)