Below Expectation.. But Worth Car

• Appearance

Pros : Value for Money, Spacious, Delightful Interior, Great Styling and Looks

Cons : Low Pick-up in A/c, Below Average Stereo and Speakers

I owned Beat LT model last month in Feb and the driving experience of this Car is good and the overall performance average. There are certain drawbacks which I want to highlight when driving the car in the city limits (mostly in traffic jams). If I turn On A/c in traffic the car is not taking good pickup and it takes throttles sometimes which I feel bad and the in-built Stereo is below Average (Good for people who loves to listen Classic Songs). The rear Suspensions are stiffer and ground clearance is dangerously less and not good for Indian road especially when you are driving is small lanes. Now let me write something good about the car while I like the most. It is really beautiful with stylish and Sporty looks comparing to other small car models in the market. Very Spacious from Inside (Nice Leg Room Space in Front and Rear) - Fold able Rear Seats which is again good when have to carry a luggage. Excellent and powerful pick-up on highways and max. speed I have reached is 128 Kmph. High Quality and Delightful Interior with sporty dashboard. Smooth Gear Shifting. Powerful Beam and Fog Lights. Very comfortable with ergonomics seating design. I will keep posting more about this car in coming days.

Comments Chevrolet Beat
  • vinay tiwari |14 Mar,2010 04:01:00 AM

• koncho |15 Mar,2010 07:57:02 AM

what is the boot capacity? What is the mileage.I hail from Arunachal Pradesh where roads are all hilly with serpentine curves.What would be the mileage here?

• Mayank |16 Mar,2010 01:06:21 PM

Chevrolet Beat is really decent car model in the small car. Human expectation has over the condition so plz enjoy with Beat.

• Bhaskar |16 Mar,2010 06:42:25 PM

Chevy Beat is a very very special car, an excellent car to have... It's awsome

• mahesh |19 Mar,2010 08:27:08 AM

hai want to know whether it suits a man like me,who has a dream for buying a luxurious car for less price,and have enquired about almost all low model cars.

• Sudeep |25 Mar,2010 12:15:39 PM

I own a Chevy beat and I like it very much, I got good pickup evenwith AC. Over all it cooooollll car..

• Sahil |09 Apr,2010 02:51:54 AM

Some of the comments are contradictory, however it is hard to decide whether Suhail is accepting the car has good pickup or low pickup. Would wait for further updates. As far as I know that this car would give tough competition for Alto and other 1.1L car's

• Gaurav |14 Apr,2010 07:13:56 AM

Hi guys For those curious about BEAT, I would like to highlight its drawback in CITY DRIVING CONDITIONS, is its vulnerability to collision directly with HEAD LAMPS instead of Bumper

• abhishek |20 Apr,2010 06:53:23 PM

hi, the car is superb,with good mileage, everything is ok except space inside it....

Syamprasad |25 Sep,2012 01:55:58 PM

Sir. what is the actual mileage of chevy beat ps diesel? say frankly

• iqlsheikh |22 Apr,2010 03:27:18 AM

After reading all the comments about beat LT,i'm in a confused state of mind whether to go for beat or not.............Can anybody give me sincere and friendly advice on this?

• Arjun |22 Apr,2010 04:53:45 PM

Im planning of buying Beat this year,since i belong to HIMACHAL PRADESH , i just wanted to know whether it would be alrite for use in the Hilly areas not high terrain but normal ups and downs since power is a major factor i need to rely on.Would it be a good option??? Peace !!

• kapil |05 Jun,2010 04:45:51 PM

Any body tell is beat working good in CNG?

• Premnath |03 Sep,2010 12:03:01 PM

The car is an eye turner. But do not buy from Chennai dealer Sundaram Motors. They dont stand upto their words. Do not provide any accessories. Cars good name may get tarnished by this dealer response. Lower level sales people are good and considerate. But higher ups seem to have typical buracratic outlook- just finding rasons to deny customer of is entitlement. Choose a right dealer and be assured of personalised after sales sevice. Then you can go in for Beat. As of now Beat do not have CNG version.

• meenakshi |02 Oct,2010 01:34:45 PM

chevorley's dealing with customers is poor. Moga, punjab dealer refused to give offers plegded by the company in their ads. shows poorly on comany's credibility and control over dealers. not recommended to deal with.

• Zarir Mehta |20 Nov,2010 04:34:31 PM

I have purchased a Beat LS Model but find within 15 days that the car vibrates in sideways motion (makes all passengers in car very uncomfortable), and also the pick up is very bad! On even a slight upward slope, the driver has to press hard on both the accelerator and the clutch pedal to prevent vehicle from stalling. Even after that, car moves very very slowly! If this happens when the car is brand new, what will happen as time goes by? If Air Conditioner is ON, the problem of going up a slope becomes so bad that one has to switch off the AC! Can someone with experience of this vehile tell me if this is something temporary or what? Will the car become better after the first 1000 kilometers? Will the vibration, the sideways movement, reduce? Will pick-up improve? Suggestions, please!

• Andy |24 Nov,2010 09:45:23 AM

Hi, I am planning to bye BEAT LT model. After reading all comments, I am confused now. Can anyone guide me whether I should go for it or not. It will be my first CAR. I know human expectations are endless, but I am worried about service and performance.

• CarDekho Team |25 Nov,2010 11:58:11 AM

The Chevy Beat is a very reliable car, its got a 1.2 petrol engine that powerful and efficient. Dont go by baseless rumors, the Beat also has the 3 year cashless maintenence offer that makes it a steal. GM has upped its after sales and service network so not to worry on thatt too. Thanks, CarDekho Team

• fghgfh |02 Apr,2011 11:26:39 AM

I have a ford ikon..and am planning to buy a beat..but now..the pick up while the ac is on..this point makes me rethink..should I indeed go back to small in ikon, I dont get this issue..

• Chaitanya Bansal |15 Apr,2011 01:03:45 PM

Hi, I am planning to buy a car in 1 month. My choice set is 1. Chevy Beat LS 2. i10 era Please guide me i am confused.

• CS LANGE |24 Feb,2012 06:00:40 PM

Can any body tell me whether I can buy Beat LT. User of Beat LT are requested to send the difficulties or problem faced by them. Because of the comments seen I m very confused. Pl give your fair comments about Beat LT

Chevrolet Beat review scorecard