Question & Answer

Ask a Question
Search for an Answer

is it possible to buy car from delhi if someone living in nagaland

Published On : 2016-08-18 15:08:28.0 kisholoy dutta
Category : Used
Answers for this Question

Yes, you can purchase a car from other state also but you have to get the registration changed. Vehicle registration is valid only for the state where you have initially purchased the car. If you move states, yes, you will have to re-register your car. This is called transfer of registration from one state to another. After registering your car, number changes from the previous state to the new one (for example Rajasthan (RJ) to Maharashtra (MH)). You need the following documents for transfer of registration:

NOC from the current RTA : This is required so that authorities in other state RTA know that there are no pending cases against your vehicle earlier. Essentially, the current RTA certifies that they have no objection to you transferring your vehicle to another state. This would require you to submit a form at current RTA, along with the required documents such as registration certificate, insurance etc.

NOC from Bank: If you have a car loan, and your car is mortgage to a bank, you will also require an NOC from the bank.

Valid Insurance and PUC certificates: Before transfer, do ensure that your insurance is valid, and your pollution under control (PUC) certificate is also the latest.

Once you have the above, you need to apply in other state for transfer of registration. You will need to submit the following papers:

1) Original Registration papers Original Invoice of your car (to determine the road tax)

2) NOCs - from RTA and bank (if required)

3) PUC certificate

4) Insurance papers

5) Change of address proof (DL,Passport or Nationalised Bank statement)

Fill up the required forms. There will be an inspection of your car. You will also have to pay the road tax (as appropriate for the state you are transferring your car to). This will depend on the model of your car, and when you bought it. Road tax varies from state to state.

Rest, we suggest you to contact your state RTA or the RTA agent to know the transfer charges and further procedure.

CarDekho on 2016-08-19 10:43:58.0
Post Your Answer
3000 Characters Left

Related Asked Questions




Please tell us your city

It will help us serve you better content and best deals

eg. Mumbai, Gurgaon, Delhi
My Comparison