Question & Answer

Question on your mind? Ask now!
Search for an Answer

at 32000 kms my clutch assembly was replaced with new one. within 2000kms run, it gave me trouble and gears were not engaging. when i left car at authorised service centre i was told that again clutch has gone, and flying wheel is also to be replaced. when I resisted they said we will assemble as it is (i.e., without changing clutch or flying wheel) and you can run further 50,000 kms!!!!!. (my car has rum 32500 kms from November 2010 till date. I took delivery of the car. to my surprise car was in very good condition. in city limits I got about 15.5 kms per litre. in highway it was nearly 20 kms/litre. within driving 1000kms again the problem started with clutch plate. gear struck at 2nd and it was difficult to drive. when I showed to my earlier car mechanic, he showed me at gear connecting bush the service dealer has tied the connecting rod by plastic wire. mechanic told me to just fix that point in case same problem happens as it was in the middle of the road. when I told about the problem, the managar said that gear connecting kit has to be replaced which is costing 14,500/- that too he said once it is fitted then only he can assess further problem if any. Now they told me that clutch has gone flywheel gone brakes gone. now they estimated to 62000/- 1. My question here is why plastic wire was connected and exposed to risk of my life. 2. they said Gear connecting kit failure is very rare and only about 8 or 9 cars in whole of India. In that case is it manufacture defect? 3. I have extended warrant which is upto 8th november 2014. can I claim? My strong contention is that in last time when service was done (while fixing new clutch set) they forget to put the bush which has led to malfunction of clutch leading to flywheel replacement. kindly give me prompt reply please.

Published On : 2014-08-19 22:09:08.0 B.N. AMARANARAYANA
Answers for this Question
Yes, for any abnormal wear and tear, the buyer can claim. You should claim for the same. As far as, the irresponsible behaviour of the service station is concerned you should contact the manufacturer and file a written complaint against it. If you don't get a satisfactory answer from manufacturer as well, you can always take the matter to the consumer forum.
By Arun on 2014-08-29 18:35:51.0
Post Your Answer
3000 Characters Left

Related Asked Questions




Please tell us your city

It will help us serve you better content and best deals

eg. Mumbai, Gurgaon, Delhi
My Comparison