Hyundai recommends engine oil grade 15W40 for the Santro. The engine oil capacity of Santro is 3.1 litre.
If you want to change the engine oil, please follow these steps
1. First put your car on jack stand, and place a container right below the oil drain plug
2. Now remove the drain plug, which is basically a bolt, drain all the old engine oil in the container
3. When all the old engine oil come out, replace the drain plug, and don't forget to do it properly and tight enough
4. If you want to replace the old oil filter, first replace it with a wrench. Fix the new oil filter, you will need to fill it around 2/3. Replacing a oil filter will need extra engine oil around 300ml.
5. After replacing the oil filter, remove the oil tank cap, keep a funnel in the hole and pour the engine oil into the oil tank.
6. Fix the cap, and check the engine oil level by using the gauge, if it is not on the right level pour some more oil.
If you are new and don't know much about cars, we will recommend you to get it done by a mechnic, where you can obeserve the process and next time on you can do it by yourself.
By Arun on Monday, March 25, 2013 1:38:37 PM