how to get average of 25km/L on swift vdi
Hi, There are many tips and tricks that you can use to get the best mileage out of your car. The best way is to drive efficiently and get your car serviced on regular basis. Rest, please check the below tips.
1) Drive smoothly on the road. If you are accelerating too fast then sudden braking can reduce the mileage by 10%. Follow the speed limit to obtain best mileage of the car.
2) Change the engine oil regularly as older oil can consume dirt which will not only affect the engine but mileage too. Also don't use the premium fuels; it doesn't increase the fuel efficiency.
3) Car's tyres should be inflated regularly. If your car's tyres are under inflation then it means contact area has increased between the tyre and the road, which will result as extra friction between road and tyre rubber, hence the engine will consume more fuel.
4) Keep the air filter neat and clean, as dirty air-filters consume dirt and can reduce the mileage by 3-5%. So, check the air-filters as well as oil properly and replace if necessary.
5) Shut-off the engine if you are going to stop at a point for more than a minute as idling car also consumes fuel. But if you are going to stop for less than a minute, then shutting-off your engine is not a good idea because it needs more fuel to restart an engine.
6) Clear away the mess which have occupied in your car. This extra weight will make the car heavy. As a result, car will consume more fuel. So keep the unwanted material out from your car and save up to 2% of fuel.
7) The higher the gear, lesser fuel will be consumed. Use appropriate gear at appropriate speed. Try to drive at higher gear, as lower gears eat more fuel at the time of accelerating.
8) Use the clutch ONLY when needed. If you will continuously press the clutch pedal at the time of driving, then the engine will consume more fuel.
9) Similarly, switch-on the air conditioner only when you require, because it eats fuel too. But also one thing should be kept in mind, if you will keep the windows closed and AC on, then you can save more fuel because the open windows increase the aerodynamic drag of a car with the increment in fuel consumption.
Buying a new car is a big decision as you are about to invest a big amount into it. The biggest dilemma that people face now a days is which fuel option to pick; Petrol or Diesel.
Now, the decision is based mostly on your usage. If you drive your vehicle for around 1500 KMS or more in a month, then the diesel is the choice rest, Petrol is better to pick.
In order to help our customers to get out from this dilemma, we have advisory stories available on our website. Please click here to check the same. We hope that it will help you. Rest, you can get in touch with us on our toll free number i.e. 1800-200-3000 Mon - Fri (10 AM - 7 PM)
I PRESENTLY OWN A SKODA SUPERB. WANT TO BUY A 7 SEATER SUV. THE FORD ENDEAVOUR WITH ITS RICH FEATURE INTERESTS ME. HOWEVER, MY CAR TRAVEL ON AN AVERAGE IS NEVER MORE THAN 6000 KMS PER YEAR. SHOULD I GO FOR THE DIESEL SUV, OR OPT FOR THE TOYOTA FORTUNER? THANKS.
Hey, we would suggest you to go for the Endeavour 2.2 here as it is Cheaper, optional automatic and good for limited usage. Fortuner petrol indeed is a good option. However, The Endeavour diesel is cheaper to buy compared to the Fortuner petrol by nearly 2 lakh for the automatic Trend variant. Infact, the top-spec Endeavour 2.2 AT 4x2 is on par with the petrol Fortuner automatic also Fortuner is more expensive and would not deliver mileage as the Endeavor. Hence, Endeavor is a better deal here. Click here to check out the comparison.
Hey, if you drive for 50 kms in a day, we would suggest you to go for a diesel variant as your monthly running can be more than 1500 kms. The diesel variant though would be expensive to maintain and would cost you more than the petrol variant but you will be able to cover that cost while you drive it. Click here to check out our article on which fuel type you should go for.
The reserve fuel tank capacity is around 7 litres. Click here to know all about it.
It will help us serve you better content and best deals