Key Specs of Mahindra Scorpio
|Mileage (upto)||16.36 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||2179 cc|
Scorpio Latest Update
Latest Update: Mahindra has revealed the specifications of the BS6 Scorpio and has also announced the price of its different variants. Deliveries of the BS6 Scorpio will take place once the coronavirus lockdown is lifted.
Mahindra Scorpio Price and Variants: The BS6 Scorpio is available in four variants: S5, S7, S9, and S11. Mahindra will continue to be offer in 7-, 8-, and 9-seating configurations.
Mahindra Scorpio Engine: Mahindra is offering the Scorpio with a BS6-compliant 2.2-litre diesel engine that churns out 140PS and 320Nm. While the new S5 base variant is being offered with a 5-speed manual transmission, the S7, S9, and S11 variants wil come mated to a 6-speed MT gearbox.
Mahindra Scorpio Features: The BS6 Scorpio continues to get cruise control, auto AC, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth and AUX connectivity, and auto headlamps with LED DRLs. Standard safety features on offer include dual front airbags, rear parking sensors, ABS, and speed alert.
Mahindra Scorpio Rivals: While the Scorpio uses a ladder-frame chassis and has no direct rivals as such, you can check out other similarly priced SUVs such as Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos that use a monocoque chassis.
Mahindra Scorpio price list (Variants)
|S52179 cc, Manual, Diesel, 16.36 kmpl||Rs.12.39 Lakh*|
|S72179 cc, Manual, Diesel, 16.36 kmpl||Rs.14.2 Lakh*|
|S92179 cc, Manual, Diesel, 16.36 kmpl||Rs.14.83 Lakh*|
|S112179 cc, Manual, Diesel, 16.36 kmpl1 month waiting||Rs.15.99 Lakh*|
Are you Confused?
Ask anything & get answer in 48 hours
Questions & Answers
Mahindra Scorpio Comparison with similar cars
Mahindra Scorpio Review
The Mahindra Scorpio is one of the most popular SUVs sold in India, thanks to a reputation that has been solidified over more than a decade. It was Mahindra’s first truly modern SUV and with multiple updates over the years, it kept up with the needs of the market, while catering to a wide range of customers.
The new-generation Scorpio features some attention grabbing design and new features, while maintaining its nature as an abuse-friendly SUV. Let’s explore what the Scorpio has to offer.
Make no mistake, the Mahindra Scorpio is still an old-school SUV underneath. It might not be the most comfortable offering in its segment, nor is it great at handling. However, it makes up for all that with its usability. The Scorpio’s mHawk engines are a tractable lot and are a boon in the city commutes as well. Add to that the practicality of the 7-seats and the roomy Scorpio can easily act as a great family car too.
The Mahindra Scorpio with its rugged demeanour can easily take on almost every challenge that the Indian roads can throw in its path.
Pros & Cons of Mahindra Scorpio
Things We Like
- Despite being an SUV, the Scorpio offers great city driveability thanks to the light clutch and the 2.2-litre mHawk engine that offers a good amount of low-end torque.
- The Mahindra Scorpio commands loads of road presence, aggressive styling and an abuse-friendly structure.
- With a starting price of Rs 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), the Scorpio is on of the most affordable 7-seater SUVs in the country
- Unlike many of its rivals, the Scorpio comes with proper shift on fly 4WD system.
Things We Don't Like
- Being a body on ladder frame SUV, the Scorpio’s ride quality is bumpy and has a fair amount of body roll. This means long distance travel in the Scorpio would be a bit uneasy for the rear passengers.
- The option of 4WD is limited to the top-spec S11 variant which feels a bit overpriced for the equipment it offers.
- Poor ergonomic: the storage door packets are almost impossible to access with doors shut and it is a similar issue with driver seat height adjuster.
- The fit and finish quality on the Scorpio is not up to the mark. Even the faux leather upholstery offered in the top-spec S11 variant does not feel upmarket.
Stand Out Features
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System: The Scorpio is the only SUV in its class to offer this feature. It is a small but a nifty feature which allows you to keep a track of your tyre pressure levels.
Navigation System: The Scorpio’s navigation system offers 10 language support. That means, no matter in which part of the country you buy the Scorpio in, the Mahindra SUV has got you covered.
Cruise Control: To make highway commuting more comfortable, the Scorpio gets cruise control. When activated, it maintains the required speed without any accelerator input from the driver.
Mahindra Scorpio User Reviews
- All (2058)
- Looks (352)
- Comfort (364)
- Mileage (178)
- Engine (205)
- Interior (120)
- Space (87)
- Price (107)
- More ...
- View All Scorpio Reviews
Mahindra Scorpio Videos
Mahindra Scorpio 2020 has 20 video of its detailed review, pros & cons, comparison & variant explained,test drive experience, features, specs, interior & exterior details and more. Watch our Latest Hindi video of Mahindra Scorpio to know price, safety features & more.
- 7:55Mahindra Scorpio Quick Review | Pros, Cons and Should You Buy OneApr 13, 2018
Mahindra Scorpio Colours
- Pearl White
- Molten Red
- Napoli Black
- Dsat Silver
Mahindra Scorpio Images
Mahindra Scorpio News
Mahindra Scorpio Road Test
More Options to Consider
Write your Comment on Mahindra Scorpio
I need Scorpio s3
New scorpio launching date??
ब्लेक कलर की गाड़ी या
Mahindra Scorpio Price in India
|Mumbai||Rs. 11.98 - 15.52 Lakh|
|Bangalore||Rs. 12.42 - 16.04 Lakh|
|Chennai||Rs. 12.56 - 16.18 Lakh|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 12.56 - 16.18 Lakh|
|Pune||Rs. 11.95 - 15.49 Lakh|
|Kolkata||Rs. 12.65 - 16.29 Lakh|
Trending Mahindra Cars
- All Cars
- Mahindra S204Rs.12.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Oct 15, 2020
- Mahindra XUV300Rs.8.3 - 12.69 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 13, 2020
- Mahindra Thar 2020Rs.10.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 19, 2020
- Mahindra eKUV100Rs.8.25 Lakh*Expected Launch: Sep 16, 2020
- Mahindra XUV300 ElectricRs.18.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Dec 14, 2020