tata manza sedan overall a good car

By Raj from Jaipur | 14910 Views | 12 Comments

Tata Manza

Ex-showroom Price Rs. 5,78,453
Get On Road Price
Write Review | User Review (140)

Quick Start on Tata Manza

Overall Satisfaction :
Appearance :
Comfort :
Performance :
Value For Money :
Fuel Economy :
Pros : Excellent features, comfortable in- room space, affordable price and good fuel economy.
Cons : Does not have a good quality AC, average mileage, average looks.

Look and Style Looks of this car never pleases me as there is no edging texture and trendy accessories installed to it. Comfort The best part of this car is that it has a very large in- room space and good interiors. It has majestic couches to enable proper seating arrangements for 5 people very sophisticatedly. Pickup The best part of Tata Manza is that I am very much fascinated and pleased too with the pick up it gives which makes it a wonderful car according to me. Tata Manza comes along with C 549, 5 +1 Speed Manual Transmission Gearbox. Mileage Tata Manza gives a very satisfactory mileage of 12 to 16 km per liter which I find to be good as per my budget. Best Features Tata Manza sedan has several attractive features which are boons for such a low priced cars. Tata Manza is equipped with best in room space and comfortable interiors and a good space for luggage too. Needs to improve I think that the mileage should be increased to some folds. The appearance of this car is not upto the mark although it is a wonderful sedan. I experience a shaking and shivering drive when I shoot up more than 90 km per hour. The stirring is not under perfect control and this car makes a problem while backing and taking turns due to its disproportionate size and shape.
Was this review useful to you? Yes (7) | No (2)

Research on Tata Manza

User Comments

Asked By d dawood sheriff 14 Aug,2011 07:49:58 AM

i have drive this vehicle around 160 KMPH it is stable, average milage on highways is 18KMPL. appearance is decent much prettier than many japanese brands.

Reply By mohit sharma 17 Aug,2011 10:36:33 PM

I own a Manza diesel ABS. It has a better ride quality on many bumps then my new Honda city. Excellent pick in its category and decent milage in city and on highway. Would say best car in this segment and beats the rivals in all aspects.

Asked By d dawood sheriff 18 Aug,2011 06:44:06 AM

Thank you for your response, is your honda city is diesel. honda city is best car, is it price is comparable with tata manza? pl compare hore with horse . Manza diesel is excellent vehicle.

Asked By Sayeed 18 Aug,2011 11:10:38 AM

Tata Manza in diesel is a very good value for money sedan. If you compare price, space, features and mileage to the other brands, it scores better in all. Where it lacks is in the fit and finish and minor problems which keep appearing in most of the new cars sold like some sensor not working or lock not operating. However they are corrected and done with and by the first service everything is fine. If you overcome this then you have a very good product. We should be proud that an Indian manufacturer has at least reached these levels without any foreign collaboration. The new models like the Manza and Vista are certainly better products.

Asked By Bharat Tank 19 Aug,2011 11:37:47 AM

I Own Tata Manza Aura ABS (Diesel) model - after 2 months of research I zeroed down on this model and really find this a Value for Money. This gives good control on road, 16 to 17 kmpl average on Delhi Road, excellent inside space, better grond clearance (considering deep-big pot holes/water logging during Rainy seasons), my second service is due and I am sure performance will improve after service. I Agree there were/are small issues like Alignment (from day 1 - but was rectified on FOC basis), small jerks on 2nd & 4th Gear while you drive and keep your hand on Gear handle (TATA service station says this is common and i should ignore this - or May be I want everything 100% perfect:- No solution till date) - Infact TATA Showroom arranged another brand new car for test drive but i observed the same jerk in that car too, Inside display panel (displaying Temperature, Time, Average) flickers nears Digits displaying Temperature (hope fully will get this addressed in 2nd Service). Overall - this is true Value for Money and I am enjoying my New Sedan.

Asked By Manjunath 19 Aug,2011 11:25:41 PM

I have test driven the Tata Manza Diesel and have to say kudos to an Indian firm from bringing out a car of substance from the time they entered the passenger car market twenty years ago with the Tata Estate. Everyone will agree that there is a world of difference in the quality of the produce then and now. However I still feel that Tata motors HAS neglected the fact that their electrical parts, were always VERY INFERIOR in quality while comparing to any other make / brand in the market! This I would attribute as a management failure and not an engineering failure. Even to this day the wiring harness is very shabby and connectors are abominable to say the least. The electricals are similar to the central nervous system of a human and very predictably malfunction will occur all over the car and in very unpredictable situations. This negatively affects the users confidence in the cars manufactured by TATA. I would love to buy the TATA MANZA DIESEL ELAN... but would I put that sort of money in an unpredictable car when I could just strech and buy complete confidence and peace of mind by investing in say a Toyota Corolla Altis diesel? TATA MOTORS PLEASE INTROSPECT and live up to being the manufacturers of the JAGUAR also ! Watch the multinationals dropping prices and models if you do this !

Asked By vikas vikram 22 Aug,2011 09:40:50 AM

Tata Manza is a value for monyey sedan in this segment.

Asked By santosh 24 Aug,2011 03:34:44 PM

Hi Experts, Please help me in this bezare situation. Actually two month back I zeored on Ford Figo Disel Titanium .( requires ABS Airbag mandatory ). Its on road price is 665000 Lakh in Hyderabad. Then I thought to wait for new Maruti swift 2011 to get launched & now it's cost the upper ZDI disel model with ABS Airbig is 750000 Lakh on road. So the cost increases whooping 85 thousand, if I want to enjoy Maruti ASS and all the benefits. But now my wife is saying ( also my version is ) that if I add 1 lakh more than I can set the TATA MANZA SEDAN car, which higher version ELAN on road price would be near 850000 Lakh in Hyd. Getting confused.... Thanks Santosh

Asked By Ashutosh Tripathi 29 Aug,2011 06:51:49 PM

I own Tata Manza Safire ABS is Best Car in Sedan Segment And its comfort .

Asked By anand 01 Sep,2011 01:05:34 PM

The manza's interiors have improved vastly now and are second to none in the C segment.The exterior is excellent with top class painting job.I should mention here that the MERCEDES was being painted by the TATAs, (for all those uninformed off the cuff remarks).The engine is FIAT engine along with the gearbox,clean,smooth drive(roadrunners please look up BMW or Aston martin). Space a whole galaxy can fit inside.better width and legroom than higher segment cars. I do not think you need any more for the indian roads. MANZA should be evaluated before you buy a car in the 6-11 lakh budget.

Asked By aditya 18 Oct,2011 11:52:31 AM

i want to buy manza elan but i confused with verna & sx4 kindly sujjest

Asked By HEMANT KUMAR 12 Mar,2012 02:06:01 PM

Please help me to know about after sales & services abot Tata manza. Are the spares readily available?

Asked By vasim shaikh 29 Jul,2012 03:03:37 PM

tata car low highe matrials looks for a no fresh no value for monye a prefoms ok intereios is low matrials not looking