Ertiga driven 170 kms

By jit   from Darjeeling April 14, 2012
  • Appearance

Pros : Not bad looking and I bought the top end ZDI which has all the features , Comfortable to drive

Cons : No Climate control , still trying the engine

Look and Style Good Looking  Comfort Decent , second seat is very comfortable  Pickup So far so good , driven about 170kms today after I got it yesterday so will update more as I try it  Mileage NA Best Features Flexi seating and space is HUGE  Needs to improve Climate control could have  been given. Maybe 16 inch Tyres like the SX4 Overall Experience I'm pretty satisfied , although its only been a day since I've had it , probably one of the first owners of the Ertiga .

Comments
 Comments Maruti Ertiga
  • SJain |15 Apr,2012 12:15:46 AM

Congrats. Please do feed in more reviews. Eagerly waiting for those.

• sajan |15 Apr,2012 09:20:48 AM

Good luck Dear Looking for more feedback after daily use specially Diesel mileage and 3rd row seating comfortable jerky feel? did you try with full seating capacity any hilly road how do you feel the pulling is it efficient?

rakesh kumar |15 Apr,2012 10:01:58 AM

congratulations for your new ertiga. What about leg space between 1st and 2nd row of seats ? Pls give your comments on this.

mohit |15 Apr,2012 10:13:10 AM

very good leg space between two rows... i was also bought yesterday,

Daljeet Singh |16 Apr,2012 12:58:24 PM

Hi Rakesh, i am 6 feet tall, i was surprised to sit on the last row comfortably without any problem when another guy with same height was seating on the 2nd row..so pretty decent work in terms of space utilization...

Jit |15 Apr,2012 06:39:54 PM

Hi , I took it with 6 1 upto Tiger Hill and the pickup was good , although this is the break in period and it will take some more miles to run in the engine, overall I'm pretty satisfied. The third row is a little tight but the kids loved it and were pretty comfortable

sanjay |06 Jun,2012 08:16:03 PM

how do you would be the drive of ertiga diesel with 6 people and luggage on the hills???

• mrr |16 Apr,2012 12:54:43 PM

hi Jit , thks for sharing. Can u also share how the a/c cooling and comfort is when the LUV car is fully loaded. Does the engine handle the dual a/c's appropriately ? thanks & regards ,mrr

• PRASAD SN |16 Apr,2012 03:25:10 PM

SMALL THINGS LIKE REAR DOOR OPENING CATCH ETC ARE NOT PRESENT IN THE ERTIGA. THE BEIGE COLOR AS THE ONLY CHOICE IS A SPOILER. BEIGE GETS DIRTY VERY FAST. HEAD LAMP UNITS DO NOT HAVE A SEPARATION WALL WITH THE BONNET SPACE. THAT IS, IF YOU REMOVE THE HEAD LAMP, THE BIG HOLE LEADS DIRECTLY INTO THE BONNET SPACE. I DO NOT KNOW THE WISDOM OF DOING THIS. AS IT IS, A HUGE HEAD LAMP CLUSTER WEAKENS THE STRUCTURAL STRENGTH. POSITIVES ARE MANY, VERY ACCESSIBLE OIL FILTER FOR CHANGE. DRIVER SEAT IS A JOY TO SIT ON. SPACE IS GOOD. MILEAGE CLAIMED IS GOOD. WITH INNOVA AS COMPETITION, PRICE IS REASONABLE.

• bintus |17 Apr,2012 09:14:59 AM

its a good car i would like to buy this car.

• Raj |17 Apr,2012 02:32:10 PM

Cogrates Jit. I booked one yesterday! Looking at the 2nd and 3rd row, it is quite comfy for my needs. After seat adjustments it is quite a bit of space for luggage too. Test drive felt good, but slightly felt underpowered than Petrol model, but quite happy. Best thing I felt that it still gives a feeling of driving a car and will not come under Innova and Xylo class (Tourist) as this is mainly a family LUV. Height and width is perfect and you don't need to climb to occupy your seats. Do update us on your milage feedback and driving experiences..

• jit |17 Apr,2012 09:52:33 PM

Hi All , I used the dual AC and the car felt alright in Siliguri which is in the plains although it wasn't fully loaded but going by the pickup etc that shouldn't be a problem. The second gear is quiet powerful and has a good tug. driving the Ertiga doesn't feel like a big car as the Innova ( I previously owned an Innova ), I think this car will create a Niche market for itself as Raj has mentioned the Innova and other cars in the similar design have more of a Taxi value but this car will be ideal for a family car , at the same time can be driven to office too as its not too bulky. I will be using this Vehicle in the Hills and will try and keep you updated as I run in the engine and then only will I be able to commemnt on the Mileage etc.

Raju |27 May,2012 08:02:40 AM

It comes only with a blower its not an AC like what u have in Innova, it just sucks the air from the middle of the cabin and throws it to the back, are u sure u did ur homework!!!!!

• Prabhu Nath Sharma |20 Apr,2012 07:17:03 PM

????

• Sumit |21 Apr,2012 07:53:17 AM

many congrats to all the new Ertiga owners...the real car for Indian family.I am planning too to get this car in my parking...I am only skeptical about the pick-up & top speed..Currently I own Swift & I easily reach 140-150Kmph. Please keep me updated with your top speed...

• Ajeeth |21 Apr,2012 09:37:22 PM

Kindly tell me how is the leg space in the driver seat, I am 6.2 tall so I just want to make sure only the driver seat leg space.

• Ajeeth kumar |21 Apr,2012 09:55:58 PM

How is leg space in driver seat

• Joseph |21 Apr,2012 11:17:30 PM

Hi Jit Congrats...hope you are enjoying Ertiga... How did you find the interior - is the plastic cheap - how is the look and feel. thought it was bit cheap looking?

• vinod |22 Apr,2012 02:10:36 PM

hi mr. proud owner of ertiga i would like to know the mileage in city driving condition as u must have got it exactly till now plz

• Jit |24 Apr,2012 09:57:58 PM

Hi , The interiors plastics are OK could've been better but ... The second row seats are very comfortable and the last row is a little tight but if one move the second row seats a little forward then you get enough space for the last row. I'm still running in the engine so I can't comment on the mileage right now. Driving position is very good and almost feels like one is inside a swift at times . Cheers

• deepak |27 Apr,2012 03:12:44 AM

congrats everyone for their new ertiga. we are also planning to buy a new ertiga. but we are confused that isn't its diesel engine slightly underpowered?? and does it provides a good torque and nice pick up??

CarDekho Team |24 May,2012 07:31:26 PM

The Maruti Ertiga accelerates 0kmph to 100 kmph in 15 seconds, which is in fact great in a car of this price. Congratulations in Advance

• sam |27 Apr,2012 11:04:41 AM

I saw the car at close quarters and sat inside as well.I found entry to the third row of seats very congested/restricted for adults.Iam of 5.8 height ,I could not view the front end of the car while seated in the drivers seat.Slightly higher road clearence would have been better.I feel strongly about entry/exit from 3rd row,which calls for immediate attetion of the designers.Perhaps like Tavera/Xylo where the second row seats could be folded over for gaining entry to 3rd row.Any comments pl!!

• dr rajeev |28 Apr,2012 08:44:12 AM

i have done the test drive with 4 passengers of zdi model, i found that engine is definetlly under powered.

• Prof Santosh Panda |28 Apr,2012 02:24:57 PM

This is a great car indeed from all points of view but for petrol mileage. It is too less after you own and drive for some time. Can any owner tell what is the petrol mileage of his/ her Ertiga now?

• rohen |06 May,2012 04:34:42 PM

hi can u please tell the mileage of diesel 7 petrol in gity

• HS Anand |07 May,2012 01:01:37 PM

Could you please give me more information on exact mileage you are receiving on highway as well as in city conditions. I shall be obliged. HS Anand

• Jit |14 May,2012 08:29:18 PM

Hi , I have driven about 600kms so far and I drive mostly in the hills and a bit in the plains and I'm getting a mileage of about 12 kms to a litre in the Hills , Having said that one has to consider that this is a new Vehicle and the first service is due after the first 1000 kms and then only would one be in a position to comment on the mileage .

Akash khamar |28 May,2012 02:40:04 PM

hei i wnt to talk with u can u talk with me on phone reason of ertiga my cell num is 9913343177

shubham |24 Jul,2012 03:01:29 PM

is the diesel engine powered well enough for hilly areas, say like shimla or manali ??

• Prakash |27 May,2012 05:50:33 PM

going to buy this week in need the information about mileage and performance thank you

jit |10 Jun,2012 06:20:46 PM

I went in for my 1st Free service a few days back and all I can say is that the car has been performing well so far , some may find the pickup sluggish but as far as the diesel model is concerned its been pretty ok actually as the turbo kicks in after about 1800 rpm so as one gets used to that it all goes down to how you drive the Vehicle. I have mentioned earlier that I drive in the Hills mostly and I'm pretty satisfied with the pickup and mileage , I'm getting about 12-13 in the hills .

vishal D |12 Jul,2012 08:02:11 PM

Hi i heard from someone that the Ertiga does not pull on the 3rd Gear on hills. I am not sure whether it was a steep place or not. It happened to someone in managalore. Can u tell about your experience regarding ur drive on the hills. Thanks.

jit |23 Jul,2012 05:50:53 PM

Hi , Like I said earlier I have been driving in the hills and it all depends on the way one drives as he road from Siliguri to Darjeeling via Punkhabari is very steep at places but i had no problems , with the 1.3 diesel engine like in the swift one has to ensure that you mantain the rpm at about 1700 , I didn't use the 1st gear except when i had to come to an absolute halt . cheers

Vishal D |25 Jul,2012 12:16:35 AM

Thanks a lot for for reply. Just Got the VDI model. ZDi was over booked and 8 months delivery time. Still Happy about the car.

• MS |02 Jul,2012 12:17:13 PM

I had a test drive of Ertiga ZDi, I felt the AC was very low in performance. The air thrown by the vents was not so cold as in other cars. It seems like a very bad miss in this car. What do you say guys???

• chandresh rao |21 Jul,2012 05:58:10 PM

i am planning to buy the high end petrol version. can some one guide me on this purchase with the features which is quite recomendable.

• sriram |17 Jun,2014 06:02:36 PM

hi i need to knw about etriga ,how is pick with 7 persons sitting on hill road crossing ....pls any one drive on hill road ...pls update

Maruti Ertiga Review Scorecard