New XUV 500 W4 variant

By Praveen   November 07, 2013
  • Appearance

Look and Style: Good. Comfort Good. Pickup: In W4 model the Torque is changed its less than the Duster 85 PS which i drove & worst in pickup. W6 is 330@2800, W4 is 330@1600 Duster 85PS is 200@1900, Mileage: OK. Best Features: Needs to improve Ground clearance & Torque. Overall Experience: OK

Comments Mahindra XUV 500
  • SUJIT SINGH |20 Nov,2013 05:11:20 PM

My dear frnd Mr. praveen who told u about the 1600 rpm in w4.........RPM ,power, tourche all are same for all version of XUV ,1600-2800 rpm 140 bhp power and 330 nm tourche,ok....dont take minimum...take average okkkkk..and and and dont compare the XUV WITH duster ever both are different segment.and my freind xuv has 330 nm with 1600-2800 rpm but duster has 2250 rpm with 248 NM only ,now compare what is the tourche and what is the rpm .................

• Nim |22 Nov,2013 07:19:33 AM

The ground clearance need to be improved.Is it possible in new production

• noname |07 Jan,2014 04:33:16 AM

having 330@1600 is better since all the torque is available at such low rpm, that means it will have a lot of in city grunt. Seems like you dont know what torque and rpm means. In reality, a percentage of torque is available at low rpms not complete. Higer the percentage better the perceived acceleration of the vehicle.

• ATUL VERMA |03 Jul,2014 10:12:50 PM

nyc suv car at low price

• L. Tony |18 May,2015 02:41:39 PM

My XUV 5OO suddenly stopped in the middle of the city & clutch pedal was not coming back to the normal position. After some time I managed to put the vehicle in 1st gear & parked on the side of the road. The vehicle was towed to the nearby Mahindra workshop, 'TVS & Sons Ernakulam' and after a couple of days Mahindra dealer said that the clutch & flywheel are damaged and need replacement. The cost quoted was around Rs 40,000 and asked me to pay. My vehicle is still under guarantee, but the Mahinrda dealer 'TVS & Sons Ernakulam' has informed me that 'clutch & flywheel' are not covered under the guarantee. Even though the vehicle is done only 26,000 km, they say this is not due to manufacturing defect !!!. Moreover the spare clutch & flywheel are not available with the Mahindra dealer and I am waiting for the last 10 days to get it repaired and have no idea when the spares will be available and when this will be repaired. The Mahindra dealer advised me to contact Mahidra directly regarding the issue. When I contacted Mahindra, they advised me to contact the Mahindra dealer !!! Unfortunately I am one of the earliest owners of Mahindra XUV5OO and bought the car without waiting for the users feedback and got carried away with the looks & 'WORLD CLASS' slogan by the manufactures, Mahindra.

Mahindra XUV 500 Review Scorecard