can't wait for the Mahindra Quanto

By R.K.Gupta   August 28, 2012
  • Appearance

Pros : Foldable third row of seats, Affordable price

Cons : Missing airbags, Could do better in the looks department

I have been a Mahindra fan for a while now, and the news of the launch of the mini version of Xylo has had me on the edge for a while. From what I heard, this MUV will pick up most features of its bigger variant, and that sounds quite exciting to me. I mean what more can one ask for? All the sturdy features of Mahindra's grand Xylo availed in a compact version, at a modest price of Rs 5-6lakhs will definitely excite people like me, who wish to own an SUV like car at an affordable price. The list goes on, and on. Rumour has it that the car will be called Quanto, and I don't think they could have found a better and more appropriate name for this one. And I say so because it will not only be powered by a 1.5-litre CRDi engine, but will also have a foldable third row of seats. I think it is a great feature for an MUV, and quantifies the stature of this powerful mean machine that Mahindra and Mahindra is ready to roll out soon. And that is reason enough for me to eagerly look forward to its launch.

Comments
 Comments Mahindra Quanto
  • Govind Singh |14 Oct,2012 08:37:39 PM

Rolling is horrible. Can not afford to take risk during turning. I presume this is happening due to miscalculation of center of gravity (CG). Interior is below par, not in line with the expectation from M & M. I am truly M & M lover but this time I am disappointed.

• Ravi |22 Oct,2012 10:02:26 PM

Interior is below par... very Disappointed.... Great Looks.... the company has completely ignored the Old version of Xylo.....You just cant recommend to anyone .... gear failure has killed the branding of this vehicle but now the latest version looks good .... All set and done you get a good mileage.

Mahindra Quanto Review Scorecard