hyundai i20 is having problem in 2nd gear

By Aswini from Bangalore | 5454 Views | 14 Comments

Hyundai i20 2009-2011

Ex-showroom Price Rs.
Get On Road Price
Write Review | User Review (1)

Quick Start on Hyundai i20 2009-2011

Overall Satisfaction :
Appearance :
Comfort :
Performance :
Value For Money :
Fuel Economy :
Pros : Style and Features
Cons : Pick up

Look and Style Very Good Comfort Good. More leg space is there and suspension is good. AC is good, the music player could have been improved. I don't like the in-built music player. Rest everything is good. Pickup The Advaith Hyundai showroom guy (Bangalore) told me that the pick up problem in the 2nd gear has been fixed in the new model. But what I found that the problem is still there. The vehicle is not having the pick up in 2nd gear and hence it is becoming a problem while driving in the city traffic. Mileage Not yet measured Best Features Interior Needs to improve Pick up at second gear Overall Experience Till now ok. I bought the vehicle just one month back. Not yet fully explored. Need to check and then I can share my views.
Was this review useful to you? Yes (8) | No (3)

Research on Hyundai i20 2009-2011

User Comments

Asked By inderjeet 09 Apr,2011 07:27:04 PM

yes u r write i20 having a problem in 2nd gear

Reply By mitul rastogi 07 Jul,2013 11:48:46 PM

yeh man u r right i also face same prob. of not getting pickup in 2nd gear.i bought in march 2013 spotz crdi model

Asked By siddhesh 18 Apr,2011 09:17:10 AM

whats the mileage?

Reply By Aswini 18 Apr,2011 05:12:12 PM

I have not yet measured the mileage. Would let you know once I do the same.

Asked By Aaditya 10 May,2011 10:18:07 AM

Is i20 maintainance too expensive........

Reply By Aswini 10 May,2011 03:57:48 PM

Sorry, My car is only 2 months old. Would not be able to comment on this.

Asked By Arunkumar 12 May,2011 10:10:22 AM

Hi Aswini iam Arunkumar form visakhapatnam. My car in only 3 months old. on feb i buyed my car i20 Asta CRDI. what is your car modal.

Reply By Aswini Kumar 12 May,2011 10:42:12 AM

Mine is Sportz version

Reply By Akshay 04 Jun,2014 12:57:34 PM

Hi ashwini, evn im using the asta CRDI, Im also facing the pick up problem in the second gear, are u also facing the sam problem??

Asked By priyangshu 15 May,2011 04:01:10 PM

I think its a petrol version of i20 that one has a problem of pick up in 2nd gear due to engine is not strong enough for a car like i20. it should be 1.4 cc engine in petrol versions. My one diesel no pick up problem in 2nd gear

Reply By Aswini Kumar 15 May,2011 09:36:48 PM

Yes, you might be right. At the time of my first service, I informed the service engineer about the same. Now the pick up at 2nd gear is fixed to some extent after the 1st service. When the A/C is not on, the pick up is good. But if the A/C is on, then pick up is bit slow at the 2nd gear.

Reply By Deepak 12 Jan,2013 07:29:03 PM

Hey.....I have problem with pickup in 2nd gear...Mine is a new sportz diesel.....

Asked By Mohit Singhal 19 May,2011 08:35:21 PM

Do you know how to switch on the Bluetooth functionality and pair it with phone?

Asked By cibiraj 02 Jun,2011 02:24:58 PM

i am in a plan to buy i20 within 2 months and i now have a santro xing model how about the milage in the car in city (chennai)

Asked By MAYUR 21 Jun,2011 05:50:31 PM

yes there s lag in the 2nd gear..i probably feel bcoz of the electronic fuel injection system..but overall performance is very good..its rocket in highway..can comfortably touch 140 with out any problem...excellent road grip..cabin noise s very less..good value for money..i get around 15kmpl in city wit AC and around 18 in highway again wit AC...good value for money..though its a bit expensive than swift its much better than it interms of leg room in the rear n boot space and the interior quality..

Reply By Amit 15 Jun,2012 04:45:56 PM

U r Very lucky I am a good driver but I am not getting more then 10-11 Km. in Delhi.

Reply By Akshay 04 Jun,2014 01:01:22 PM

Hey mayur, Is there any feature where i can check the accurate mileage its giving me. Any feature in the interiors,

Asked By Aman 26 Jun,2011 11:27:38 AM

Mine is Asta ver. same problem in 2nd gear as you mentioned, the car is best in class, but still problem occurs in traffic, car vibrates and shuts off while driving, it is really frustrating, but no problem occurs when A/C is off! :)

Asked By Amit Narwal 01 Nov,2011 12:51:22 PM

i have i 20 sportz diesel model nov.2010 , it i found that in second gear we cannot move farward from starting which is good with verna fludic . if car is slow on breaker i have to put it in first gear not coming up with second gear. all other things i am happy but only this second gear problem.

Asked By Amit Narwal 01 Nov,2011 12:52:24 PM

can this problem is shorted out

Reply By Aswini 01 Nov,2011 02:02:45 PM

Hi, Unfortunately it cannot be sorted out. I spoke to the technician at Hyundai, and he told that it cannot be. May be in future, Hyundai can do something. But right now we need to be satisfied with as it is. But the car is really good. It is almost 7 months I bought the vehicle and already I have travelled 4000 kms. Performance is really good. Hence am ignoring the 2nd gear issue.

Asked By Praveen Prabhakar 08 May,2012 03:46:49 PM

Hi, I have bought i20 Asta CRDI 3 days back and i am also facing the 2nd gear issue. At the showroom they told me that they can solve this by tuning it at the first service. Everything is great except the 2nd gear as of now. I will update more in next 2 month after my first service.

Asked By Praveen Prabhakar 08 May,2012 03:46:49 PM

Asked By Amit 15 Jun,2012 05:19:51 PM

I have been driving cars from past 15 years & I drive very well. Last week I went to Nanital from Delhi by my 8 months old Hyundai i20 sports & now I realized how wrong this decision was. (buying this car) 1.2 Lt. Petrol Engine is not sufficient for this car. Very bad pickup on the hilly area & even it was very difficult to over take any other car on the plane area due to bad pickup. One more thing after my trip some knocking sound has started from the engine it may be from piston rings. Performance wise it was not up to the mark. More over the average is around 13Km. on Highway. Trust me Plz. Think once again before buying this car.