At the Nissan Evalia drive, we have a Quick 5 with Mr Takayuki Ishida, Managing Directo and CEO, Nissan India. We have a quick 5 Mr Ishida, to know his views about the Evalia.
1) What is the localisation on the Evalia?
Ans: At the moment, the Evalia has about 85% localised components.
2) What will be the pricing, as it is a highly localised product?
Ans: The pricing of the Evalia hasn’t been finalised at the moment, and we are still studying the pricing market. But you can expect a highly competitive pricing from our end.
3) What will be the target production or sales figures you are targeting?
Ans: At the moment, we do not have a clear production number. But we can predict the numbers to be closer to what Micra and Sunny.
4) Most of the vehicles with sliding doors in India are cheap. How do you think will the Indians take it?
Ans: The Indian market is very unique. There are many vehicles with sliding doors, globally, be it USA or Japan. Actually, the production cost for sliding doors is higher than the regular doors. Also, the sliding doors are more convenient and safe also.
5) After the Evalia, Nissan plans to get in its own version of the Duster?
Ans: At this moment we are studying for lots of opportunities, as without localising the product we cannot reduce the cost. So, we are studying and making plans for the compact SUV.