After the meeting yesterday between Maruti Suzuki India high-ups and the Haryana government, Maruti India has decided to take a zero-tolerance policy towards the workers involved in the violence that struck the Manesar plant on Wednesday, last week. According to the reports it is said that the company will retain no worker who was involved in the assault. Also, a mahapanchayat which will involve 100 villages have demanded for a CBI inquiry with regards to the General Manager (HR) killing.
Like we mentioned previously that the unrest at Maruti is causing trouble for all their trading partners. This is going to go up further as there are speculations that various models will be delayed by at least three-six weeks, though the dealers haven’t received any notification as of now informing them about any delay but they are uncertain about the stock for next month. The industry is confident that Maruti will control the situation and restore itself soon enough. Further decisions are likely to be taken at the AGM which is scheduled for July 28th.
Other news coming in regarding Maruti is that the shifting of Maruti Suzuki Plant from Manesar to Gujarat is a proposal independent of the violent protests. In a seminar organized by Japan External Trade Organisation in Tokyo, Narendra Modi said that Maruti’s decision of setting up another plant in Gujarat has no connection with what is happening in Manesar, Harayana. The plant in Gujarat is merely an expansion plan. He further commented on the incident saying that this sort of incident should not happen, no matter what state or country it is and expressed that the Haryana government will surely handle the matters efficiently.
Watch this space for more updates on Maruti Suzuki India...
Read More on : Maruti Ertiga review